×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

The Art Of Light Render Contest (CLOSED)

eye1,322
Thread Activity
VilinFXHubSat, Jun 15, 2024
Congratulations to all winners and honorable mentions,  well done and definitely deserved.
perfumerSat, Jun 15, 2024
I hope the judges will read this. I spent some time evaluating the work of past winners. And now I'm sure your judging is just terrible! You don't und
Kadaj777Sat, Jun 15, 2024
Congrats to the winners!
Foxy 3DSat, Jun 15, 2024
The contest winners have been announced right here. Congratulations to everyone, and thank you to all who participated. Winners will be contacted so
Foxy 3DSat, Jun 15, 2024
@Kadaj777 - I'm hoping for today (Saturday). That would be a nice surprise. @gh0stttt - Yeah, the judges have their hands full with this one. There we
Foxy 3DSat, Jun 15, 2024
@aograi - The winners have not been posted yet. The owner will post the results here as soon as everything has been finalized: https://www.renderhub.c
gh0sttttSat, Jun 15, 2024
The winners are always announced sometime after the listed announcement day, and there are well over 300 entries; the judges have to pick 11 winners i
Kadaj777Fri, Jun 14, 2024
They'll probably post the winners on Monday.
Foxy 3DWed, Mar 20, 2024
Admin: 59,557
Welcome to The Art Of Light 3D Render Contest

Demonstrate the power of light to transform your render, evoke emotion, and elevate your visual storytelling.
Let the artistry of lighting take center stage!

Official rules for the contest can be found here:
https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/the-art-of-light-render-contest 

Submit your entries here:
https://www.renderhub.com/forum/the-art-of-light-render-contest 

If you have any questions about the contest, feel free to ask them here in this thread.
VinceSat, Mar 23, 2024
Karma: 8,023
Hi Foxy, just a question. I didn't see the parameters for making the thumbnails for the contest gallery.
could you post pls? Or, if ya'll want to do 'em that's JUST fine wit me.
TY in advance, and after, and even during.
jAne/Vince
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Sat, Mar 23, 2024
The system automatically generates a contest gallery thumbnail from the last image submitted.
If that image is a wireframe or something else that doesn't look the best, an admin will come along and create a good one.

If you want, you can create your own 400x400 thumbnail and add that as the last image in your thread.
You can do that at any time. The system will see the new image and use it for the thumbnail.
Vince
Karma: 8,023
Sat, Mar 23, 2024
Kewlies.. mucho grassy ass. Have a nice day and all that.
gh0sttttSun, Mar 24, 2024
Karma: 1,486
I have a potentially dumb question.
I know that one of the requirements for the contest is to make an original entry made specifically for the contest.
I have a character I've been working with for years, and I used the character in a render I submitted into the dragon contest.
The question I have is can I use that same character for a different render made specifically for the Art Of Light contest, or does it have to be completely different and original?
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Sun, Mar 24, 2024
Since this is a render contest, you can use existing assets.
The "original work" for your entry is the render, which must be made specifically for this contest.

So, yes - You can use the same character.
RedmoonFri, Mar 29, 2024
Karma: 258
Hello, I've a Render I've made recently can I submitted it ? 

Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Per the official rules:
"...Entries must be new original work specifically made for this contest..."

https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/the-art-of-light-render-contest
beachlegsFri, Mar 29, 2024
Karma: 9,921
Hello I have some scenes that come with there own lighting can they be used? I am not 100% on the rules as to what lighting is required like I have loads of light presets and what comes with Daz Studio like spot lights ect can all these be used?
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Fri, Mar 29, 2024
There is nothing in the rules that stipulates what kind of lighting you can or cannot use.
It just says a "3D render that uses lighting in a stunningly creative way".

So yeah - Light presets, spotlights, whatever... No problem.

beachlegs
Karma: 9,921
Sat, Mar 30, 2024
Thank you Foxy
db xxxMon, Apr 08, 2024
Karma: 2,029
Hi,
Are there any rules on nudity and sexual content?
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Tue, Apr 09, 2024
Nudity and sexual content is allowed on RenderHub, per the Mature Content Policy and Guidelines.
https://www.renderhub.com/info/mature-content-policy

For the contests, it's not a written rule, but we ask participants to try and keep their submissions as "family-friendly" as possible.
The contests and forum do not have the same SafeSite functionality that the rest of the website has.

Thanks for asking!
db xxx
Karma: 2,029
Tue, Apr 09, 2024
How about artistic nudity like a female nude side view or a nude marble statue? Or should I just cover her X zones completely?
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Tue, Apr 09, 2024
I'm sure that's perfectly fine by RenderHub standards, as far as allowable content.
I've seen many entries "less tame" than that in other contests.

There are even some winners that come to mind in these contests:

https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/sexy-robot-contest
https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/horrific-render-contest

adaddinsaneTue, Apr 09, 2024
Karma: 240
Hi

You mentioned in one thread that the thumbnail was automated from the last image, and that if it's a wireframe (because of the way round we upload) then it would be replaced. (I hadn't seen your post before I uploaded.)

I posted on Sunday and there's no thumbnail: https://www.renderhub.com/forum/6829/the-ugly-truth

And it's true for others too.

(Also I can't edit my page - I was going to swap the images in the hopes it might nudge the auto-generator.)
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Tue, Apr 09, 2024
Yes, a staff member will come through and create thumbnail images where needed. If you want, you can add a new post to your thread with a 400x400 image. The system will see it and automatically use that one.
Render scribeTue, Apr 16, 2024
Karma: 528
I was just curious.
If I make two posts (from different projects) will both be used, or will the older submission be omitted, before the contest concludes?

CosmicEnvisions
Karma: 5,142
Wed, Apr 17, 2024
It states in the contest rules.
https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/the-art-of-light-render-contest

"You can enter with more than one submission, but you can only win once per contest."

Two posts from two different projects would be considered two different entries, so both would be used as a entry.

Good luck and Happy Rendering
raystorm41Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Karma: 651
Hi there I kinda get that all submissions should be new and created only for the contest. However I saw some submissions which are posted in DeviantArt and then were ("recycled") submitted here for the contest. I don't really care much if they do it but I think its unfair for those who put in effort to make new submissions. But correct me if I'm wrong and I know that you thoroughly review each item and have it verified. thank you for your time.
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Posted in the official rules is this:

"...RenderHub reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of any winner..."

So, yes... The finalists that the judges have picked are reviewed.
If any are found to be ineligible, they would be disqualified and replaced with alternate (qualified) winners.
FacesartMon, Apr 22, 2024
Karma: 3,154
Hi Foxy, sorry for the question, but is it possible to edit my post for the contest, because i've wrote with mistake one word in the title ?
Sorry for disturbing with this kind of question ! Thanks in advance
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Hey there. I have a lot of admin tools, but I don't have the ability to edit forum posts.
Please send a message to Support, with a link to the forum post and what you'd like changed.
I'll forward your message to our guy that can do that for you. No problem.

https://www.renderhub.com/info/contact-support

And you don't need to apologize. We're always here to help.
birdbird2Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Karma: 102
Can I use Blender or Maya to do this contest ?
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Absolutely. You may use any 3D software you want.
BraidyTue, Apr 30, 2024
Karma: 131
Is the contest only for still renders? Would a 3D animation be allowed?
AlfRaMusic
Karma: 16,607
Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Animations are certainly not forbidden, but you can't win anything for them in this competition!
Braidy
Karma: 131
Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Okay great thanks for clarifying.
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Tue, Apr 30, 2024
As @AlfRaMusic pointed out, this is a still render contest - not an animation contest.

Animation contests will specifically state that, like this one here:
https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/vision-of-the-future-animation-contest
WolfKrogerThu, May 02, 2024
Karma: 722
Good Morning, just a quick question, can we submit an image in triptych format as long as it meets the required dimensional parameters? It's a scene from 3 different camera angles, I can't decide on which camera I want to use so I would like to display all 3 in one image, maybe.  Thank you for your consideration, Wolf Kroger.
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Thu, May 02, 2024
I think that would be acceptable. Nothing in the rules forbids it, and that sounds creative to me. Good luck, and thanks for your interest in the contest!
WolfKroger
Karma: 722
Thu, May 02, 2024
Nice!! Thank you.
Tark_ArkTue, May 14, 2024
Karma: 13,596
Hello! I have several works that I did during the competition. They are already in my gallery, but were not submitted to the competition. Can I send them to the competition now?
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Thu, May 16, 2024
Per the official rules:
"Entries must be new original work specifically made for this contest..."

https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/the-art-of-light-render-contest
Tark_Ark
Karma: 13,596
Thu, May 16, 2024
That is, if during the competition I publish my work first in the RenderHub gallery, and the next day I submit this work for participation in the competition, it will not count?
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Thu, May 16, 2024
If it was intended for the contest but you posted in your gallery first, that should be fine.
Tark_Ark
Karma: 13,596
Thu, May 16, 2024
I understand, thanks for the answer.
myattcpThu, May 16, 2024
Karma: 117
Looking forward to submitting nearer the deadline. Are we allowed to use any AI features from Photoshop in Post Production / ai upscaling?   
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Thu, May 16, 2024
Per the official rules:
"Post-work in Photoshop or other software is allowed, but the original render must be done in 3D software."

https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/the-art-of-light-render-contest

If you use AI features in Photoshop, I recommend including good WIP images to prove the use of 3D software for the original render.
aograiFri, Jun 14, 2024
Karma: 1,944
Hi I have no news of the winners... Any link?
Kadaj777
Karma: 10,191
Fri, Jun 14, 2024
They'll probably post the winners on Monday.
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Sat, Jun 15, 2024
The winners are always announced sometime after the listed announcement day, and there are well over 300 entries; the judges have to pick 11 winners in total, including the big 3. That'll be a bit, so sit tight, manifest that victory, the results will come out in no time.
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Sat, Jun 15, 2024
@aograi - The winners have not been posted yet.
The owner will post the results here as soon as everything has been finalized:

https://www.renderhub.com/3d-contests/the-art-of-light-render-contest

I will also make an announcement in this thread.
Foxy 3D
Admin: 59,557
Sat, Jun 15, 2024
@Kadaj777 - I'm hoping for today (Saturday). That would be a nice surprise.

@gh0stttt - Yeah, the judges have their hands full with this one. There were nearly 600 entries!

There were some pretty amazing submissions, including some from all three of you.
I'm looking forward to seeing the results. Good luck to all!
Foxy 3DSat, Jun 15, 2024
Admin: 59,557
The contest winners have been announced right here. 

Congratulations to everyone, and thank you to all who participated. 
Winners will be contacted soon for the distribution of prizes. 

Kadaj777Sat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 10,191
Congrats to the winners!
perfumerSat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 343
I hope the judges will read this. I spent some time evaluating the work of past winners. And now I'm sure your judging is just terrible! You don't understand anything about 3D art. A cool works has once again gone unnoticed, shame on you and I'm glad I'm not involved in this.
VilinFXHubSat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 1,951
Congratulations to all winners and honorable mentions,  well done and definitely deserved.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account