×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Dawn's Light (CLOSED)

eye162
adaddinsaneWed, Apr 10, 2024
Karma: 240
Just to be clear, this image wasn't inspired by a certain movie involving deserts, spice and worms. It was based on a render I did a few years ago. The sun and sky were rendered from primitives but I completely forgot how I did it. So I wanted to do that again. 

Forum Image

Forum Image

So I kit-bashed the local scenery (dunes and city) - you can't see the figure here because the scale is huge. The sky is composed of three parts a blue-emissive back place for the sky; a cylinder (big diameter, tiny height) for the sun; and a massive solid frosted-glass cube that provides the light dispersion.

Forum Image

And we end up with this with almost no post-processing (just a little brightness balancing). All the colours are original.

Forum Image

So there you go.

Forum Image


adaddinsaneSat, Apr 13, 2024
Karma: 240
Forum Image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account