×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

waiting for answers (CLOSED)

eye582
Thread Activity
gh0sttttThu, Jun 20, 2024
Yeah, and grammar doesn't seem to "rotation" around you either.Also, you called Saidge's work "very bad" and "meaningless" even though they never aske
perfumerThu, Jun 20, 2024
I had a better opinion of you, but you are a zombie like everyone else, insulting others will not make you a better person. I did this publicly becaus
protosyntheticThu, Jun 20, 2024
...who can dish it out, but can't take it.
protosyntheticThu, Jun 20, 2024
"I am the only one who was able to expose the deception"Constant repetition won't make it true. What you are is a person that did so PUBLICLY, loudly,
perfumerThu, Jun 20, 2024
Aren't you tired of writing nonsense? I already said that I'm not interested in your opinion, I didn't write anything about your work. Stop writing fo
gh0sttttWed, Jun 19, 2024
@ perfumer"such pictures in daz are made in 20 minutes! I can do the same job in 10!"-"The scariest thing is that these people are sure that they are
Saidge42Wed, Apr 10, 2024
Karma: 6,584
Forum Image




Forum Image



FacesartWed, Apr 10, 2024
Karma: 3,154
Very nice atmosphere, and the expectation sticks to the skin of the character, superb !
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Wed, Apr 10, 2024
so glad you think so!! thank you ever so much
drjivagoThu, Apr 11, 2024
Karma: 12,987
She looks so lost in her thoughts. I hope she finds the answers she's looking for : D
(If she takes a little walk outside, in the sun, those thoughts might disappear, considering she's stuck in that claustrophobic small room, jmho).
Good melancholic ambience.
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Thu, Apr 11, 2024
you're probably right that that would do her good. i guess only time will tell thank you so very much!
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Fri, Apr 12, 2024
You're welcome. Have a great weekend : D
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Fri, Apr 12, 2024
and the very same to you!
jamie6Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
Foxy 3DSat, Jun 15, 2024
Admin: 59,557
Congratulations on being selected as an Honorable Mention in the contest! Great work.
Someone will be in contact with you soon regarding your prize.

Thanks for participating.

Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Sat, Jun 15, 2024
oh! that's awesome!! makes my day - THANK YOU ever so much
TZO3k1Sat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 978
CONGRATS!

It's a combination of emotions in this one that the viewer can experience, forlorn, hopeful, and contentment comes to mind!
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Sat, Jun 15, 2024
i'm so thrilled that all comes across - thank you ever so much
TZO3k1
Karma: 978
Sat, Jun 15, 2024
You're very welcome, the recognition of your work was well-earned!
beachlegsSat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 9,921
I can feel the warmth of this image my friend, Congratulations well deserved mention
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Sat, Jun 15, 2024
as always, you're very kind, hun THANK YOU so much!!
gh0sttttSat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 1,486
YOU GOT A THIRD WIN!!!  BROO!!
congrats on the W!
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Sat, Jun 15, 2024
hahaha!!! made my weekend!! thanks and CONGRATS to you, too!!! totally deserved!!
drjivagoSat, Jun 15, 2024
Karma: 12,987
Congratulations with your place in the honorable mentions Saidge, looked good from the start! 
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Sat, Jun 15, 2024
thank you, kindly - truly appreciated!!
perfumerSun, Jun 16, 2024
Karma: 343
Honorable mention??? I'm sorry, but this work is not worth an honorable mention. The dude spent 50 hours to create his masterpiece and received the same award as you. If I were you, I would refuse the award, because it's unfair!
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
go be a troll somewhere else
perfumer
Karma: 343
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
So much aggression because I expressed my opinion? I told the truth, your work looks very bad! And every time you somehow win, it leads to strange thoughts! Be able to accept criticism and not flattery. This is bad because it is of poor quality tonns of photoshop and meaningless, such pictures in daz are made in 20 minutes! I can do the same job in 10!
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
lol, you and i have very different definitions of aggression. i just expressed a desire. for you take your blatant rudeness (which is not critique, btw) elsewhere. you have spewed your thoughts, comments and observations all over the forums concerning the outcome of this contest, and we get it - you aren't happy. all you are doing now is repeating yourself and becoming a generalized pest. i have no issue with criticism or compliments, as i openly discuss both all the time with people who where raised with good manners and genuinely want to have a conversation. you are entitled to your opinion, certainly, but it's all in the delivery, which is a lesson that a great number truly still need to learn. if you don't like my work - ok, fine. i can't change that, nor do i intend to spend any time trying. i will sleep just fine tonight. and with that i have reached my time and energy allotment that i am willing to spend on this particular exchange as i have stalls to clean and quality horseshit to muck
perfumer
Karma: 343
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
I have no interest in eliminating anyone and the competition. I don't even participate in this competion. You get an undeserved reward and you know about. When putting your work on display, be prepared for criticism. I see the same thing in every competition, lackluster works with 2000-style processing! And I have the right to criticize it, especially when they give a prize for such work.The number of views before the award did not even reach 100! 2 comment is the real assessment of your work!
artist
protosynthetic
Account Closed
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Nah, this one's fair. Intuition is just as important as effort, kind of like with photography. And this one's in the right spirit.
perfumer
Karma: 343
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Do you seriously think it's worth 100 bucks? Your job is better than this, be objective, but you didn't get anything! The scariest thing is that these people are sure that they are on the right way and continue to create such low-quality renderers. in the next contest, you will see again blurred brown noisy pictures made in a few minutes, passed off as art.I have nothing more to say, these work are not worthy of attention, let alone awards.
artist
protosynthetic
Account Closed
Sun, Jun 16, 2024
Make no mistake, just because I halfway agreed with you about one does not entitle you to tell me how I should feel about them all. Out of the ones that got a shake, there’s only a couple I would have picked, but all but a couple I definitely understand why they’d have been picked, this being one. It fits the spirit, it fits the rules, and it uses minimal post-processing which is a step outside what they do in their gallery (which I like, by the way). I would not have picked one of my own, believe it or not.

I don’t think this is a contest of gear, so going on about 2000-style processing isn’t a fair shake, especially from someone who has no horse in the game – or does and is lying about it.

Matter of fact, you sure do pay a lot of attention to minutia about the contest for someone without a single entry. Burner perhaps? If we’re going by things like number of views, mine were also low, so I imagine I’d have gotten the same type of tongue lashing based in that alone. I’ve only been doing it a few years and there’s still tons I don’t know, my real ability is barely intermediate at best. And I’m sure you’d have called me out on that.
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Wed, Jun 19, 2024
@ perfumer
"such pictures in daz are made in 20 minutes! I can do the same job in 10!"
-
"The scariest thing is that these people are sure that they are on the right way and continue to create such low-quality renderers."
-
"these work are not worthy of attention, let alone awards."
-
So you were able to call out AI work on an entry. Here's a cookie. That's not the point of this.
The point of this late comment is that I realize something; You talk a LOT of garbage about DAZ renders for someone who used it on Saturday, December 23rd, 2023 (-> https://www.renderhub.com/forum/5999/miss-magic-winter <-)
to craft a render that looks like something you yoinked out of My Beauty Spa.
Just my opinion, you know?
-
What's the switch up for? And don't bring up the fact that you used ZBrush, that won't help the main fact that you're a hypocrite for very recently using the software you decided to take a random slushy potty on because in your mind, it pumps out pictures in under half an hour. You look crazy. No one watches Spongebob with a hatred towards drawings of fish.
Say what you want, but every winner post-update made a work of art that looks a million times better than your mobile game poster that saw the light of day just before Christmas Eve.
I do wanna say that I respect the fact that you called out someone for using AI to manipulate both the image and the wireframe, and if you hadn't have done that, the contest would've went on not knowing 1st place wasn't fully honest.
What I DON'T respect is you as a person for deciding to basically throw stones from the window of a glass house by making the comments you made about DAZ renders with a DAZ contest entry of your own.
Do better.
perfumer
Karma: 343
Thu, Jun 20, 2024
Aren't you tired of writing nonsense? I already said that I'm not interested in your opinion, I didn't write anything about your work. Stop writing for others. I'm not interested. What you showed was done for a laugh in half an hour. Are you really taking everything seriously? Read what the word sarcasm means. My participation was a joke and nothing more.
I have expressed my opinion, and the fact that I am the only one who was able to expose the deception suggests that my skills and knowledge are higher than those of 200 people who didn't notice it. There are a lot of people here who are trying to create cool works. But they reward those who do bad art done in a couple of minutes.
You attacked me for no reason, protecting others who didn't ask for it,this looks pathetic and stupid!
I'm done with it and I don't wanna talk with you anymore.
artist
protosynthetic
Account Closed
Thu, Jun 20, 2024
"I am the only one who was able to expose the deception"

Constant repetition won't make it true. What you are is a person that did so PUBLICLY, loudly, and obnoxiously in the rudest, most egotistical way possible instead of messaging support directly.

And then went on to other posts to talk smack about their non-AI work. So you ripped $1500 out of one person's hand, and insult everyone else around you. All that makes you is a bitter shitposter.
artist
protosynthetic
Account Closed
Thu, Jun 20, 2024
...who can dish it out, but can't take it.
perfumer
Karma: 343
Thu, Jun 20, 2024
I had a better opinion of you, but you are a zombie like everyone else, insulting others will not make you a better person. I did this publicly because I'm not afraid of losing the opportunity to get 100 bucks! You all remain silent when you see injustice, because you are afraid that the judges will not give you prize, you are cowardly, greedy and pathetic.
Even the Vesper accepted defeat and didn't throw mud at me because he realized his mistake. Open your eyes the world not rotation around you.
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Thu, Jun 20, 2024
Yeah, and grammar doesn't seem to "rotation" around you either.
Also, you called Saidge's work "very bad" and "meaningless" even though they never asked for your specific input, then passed it off as an opinion. You do not get to dictate what is insulting and what isn't.
You're like the one kid to tags someone in a game of tag and immediately withdraws from the game when he gets chased.
FacesartTue, Jun 18, 2024
Karma: 3,154
Congratulations... simply congratulations
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Tue, Jun 18, 2024
thank you ever so much!! i truly appreciate it
KensaiTue, Jun 18, 2024
Karma: 168
Congrats! this is a wonderful piece. Your art style is inspiring!
Saidge42
Karma: 6,584
Tue, Jun 18, 2024
thank you so very, very much!!
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account