×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

Targan (CLOSED)

eye359
ErigoThu, Dec 10, 2020
Karma: 116
Hey guys, I will try to make something, not sure what exactly, I have couple ideas but not sure yet, no time for concept will start right away in 3d... Good luck everyone!
Foxy 3DThu, Dec 10, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Awesome! Glad to have you.
Looking forward to seeing your creation. 
Thanks for participating.    
RxLnxFri, Dec 11, 2020
Karma: 1,493
I do not think anyone has ever done a bio-mechanical vehicle ... cyborg tank.  Back in the 1970's - after the "Lensman" series of successful science fiction novels _ E Doc Smith wrote a couple of novels about a cyborg spaceship (brainship). Basically a body-form encased in nutrient tank capsule - connected to the ships computers/controls. Several writers since have used that notion/concept.

 Say meld a human driver into a T94 (slight accident skin diving - piranha ate his lower half) ... from a commanding generals perspective - would be trustworthy ... because the human part of the cyborg tank cannot exactly 'run away'.

 On leave - the cyborg T94 might spend its leisure blowing-up ponds that may host piranha (slight neurological trauma problem the army are trying to address).

 Good luck in the competition.

 Be well, be happy and keep safe (includes taking care when swimming),

 Rick.

 
ErigoFri, Dec 11, 2020
Karma: 116
Hey gus, thx for the support! I will make some beetle-based character. Here is some first dynamesh screens and refs I got.
image
image
ErigoSat, Dec 12, 2020
Karma: 116
Blocking, tweaking and so on... Will try to close block and prepare zremeshed chunks for normal sculpting tomorrow.
image
Foxy 3DSun, Dec 13, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Scary looking creature-dude. Looks cool!
Thanks for the reference images and WIPs.    
ErigoSun, Dec 13, 2020
Karma: 116
Thank you, Foxy!
So I would call for now the block is done, and zRemeshed.
image
RxLnxSun, Dec 13, 2020
Karma: 1,493
Excellent - great inspiration (scarab) and brings relevance/proportion to wings/back armour.

Sword - very good - is consistent (matching) rest of character.

Very impressive.

 Cheers,

 Rick.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account