×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST

Contest Entry - No idea What I gonna do (CLOSED)

eye634
Thread Activity
BrinecyclingWed, Jan 20, 2021
I guess it was spot on then ? LOL
dwindtWed, Jan 20, 2021
Just the right troop to call we you're in a pickle. Love it!
BrinecyclingTue, Jan 19, 2021
I am getting excited now to see the results . Just gotta wait it out I guess.
Foxy 3DSat, Jan 16, 2021
Perfect. Thank you!
BrinecyclingThu, Jan 14, 2021
Sure absolutly foxy . This contest was so fun . I wanted to comment on others because there are so many great entries.This was my final render and sub
Foxy 3DThu, Jan 14, 2021
Thank YOU for participating! And thank you, also, for engaging in other threads, too. I was hoping there would be more interaction like that. I guess
BrinecyclingThu, Dec 10, 2020
Karma: 192
This is just a shape I am playing around with image

Foxy 3DThu, Dec 10, 2020
Admin: 59,523
Well you're much farther along than a cube or a sphere, so your "shape" is already becoming a character.    
Welcome to the contest, and thanks for participating!  
BrinecyclingFri, Dec 11, 2020
Karma: 192
My sculpt is offically done , Its a pickle soldierimage
RxLnxFri, Dec 11, 2020
Karma: 1,493
Dear Brinecycling,

 Great notion - Army needs guys like that, especially in tough situations like 'being in a ...
jam'. lol

 I initially thought it was regimental sergeant Peanut ... well known to those who have attended boot camp.

 Is that a sprout, or is he just happy to be here?

Cheers, welcome - great character.

Rick.
fasedgorefahqSat, Dec 12, 2020
Karma: 114
Here is my final shaded version . I am also currently rigging this guy .Thanks for the Kinda words RxLnx . Yeah the army does need some pickles so we can relish our freedom LOLimage
RxLnxSat, Dec 12, 2020
Karma: 1,493
LOL ... yes - I do not seem to recall being offered relish on the mess tray.

 Could put an MP band on his arm to increase popularity, and I expect Mae West's spirit is still watching developments, to see if it sprouts.

 Bonus being - if Ms Foxy has a Vegan sub-category ... would seem your guy is the (only) star attraction.

 Option would be to consider the Brit's. They used to have Nepalese units (very effective) ... "Gerkins?" (or something along those lines).

 Cheers,
 Rick.
BrinecyclingSun, Dec 13, 2020
Karma: 192
Yeah teh Brigade or Gurkas - good read here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigade_of_Gurkhas

I did a full rig of this character as well.
Foxy 3DSun, Dec 13, 2020
Admin: 59,523
This guy definitely gets points for uniqueness. 
And he looks tasty, too!    
BrinecyclingSun, Dec 13, 2020
Karma: 192
Here is my really final render . I wanted to add some sweat to him and a bit sad .image
RxLnxSun, Dec 13, 2020
Karma: 1,493
Looks good (spirit of Mae West thinks it could look better) ...

 If he'd been in the Middle East, might get a bit of a tan or yellow hue and grow a bit ...

 Plus was thinking about this Black and White TV show (1960's) called "Combat" ...
with a star called "Vic Marrow"!

Cheers,
Rick.
BrinecyclingSun, Dec 13, 2020
Karma: 192
Thanks , I am hoping its good enough to be in the winning group but IDK , there are some really great artists on here .
RxLnxMon, Dec 14, 2020
Karma: 1,493
He's quirky - so no matter what - if you put him in the shop here, you'll make heaps anyway.

Frankly because he's so original and quirky - you'll get a lot of interest/sales. Should do a series of them, because cafe's and restaurants/take-aways will be looking for that sort of thing for their wen pages/menus ... on account Covid will be around for a while and they'll be going drive-thru (thus need catchy updated web menus).

World is your oyster (next character?) ....

While speaking of seafood, have you tried the seafood diet?
(See food - eat it).

Cheers,
Rick.
{Brine is interesting too - you in reverse osmosis or shrimp growing?}
BrinecyclingMon, Dec 14, 2020
Karma: 192
O I got at least 100 of these guys already made , this was the latest one , and my favorite one so I used it to enter the contest . I am currently making a film with them . Yeah the seafood diet is really good to . Whatever I sees I eats me some good stuff .LOL I just hope people like the character.
BrinecyclingMon, Dec 14, 2020
Karma: 192
Here is the grey rendered version .Always good to doa  grey version to see if the forms and shapes look good then I end up doing the shaded .image
BrinecyclingSun, Dec 20, 2020
Karma: 192
Here is the other variation of the characterimageimage
Foxy 3DSun, Dec 20, 2020
Admin: 59,523
He's an interesting guy, that's for sure!    
Thanks for sharing.  
BrinecyclingMon, Dec 21, 2020
Karma: 192
Thanks Foxy .
BrinecyclingTue, Dec 22, 2020
Karma: 192
Here is the wireframe Turntable . If I have enough time I will do a full rig showcase as well.
BrinecyclingSat, Dec 26, 2020
Karma: 192
Here is the fully rigged model as wellimage
BrinecyclingSun, Jan 03, 2021
Karma: 192
Here is the second version fully rigged as wellimage
Foxy 3DMon, Jan 04, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Cool! Looks like he's ready to star in the next upcoming video game!    
Thanks for sharing this.  
BrinecyclingMon, Jan 04, 2021
Karma: 192
Thanks , I am glad people seem to like them . I worked hard on them and tried to make them funny for people . Though when it comes to getting them to move they will need some sour personalities LOL
BrinecyclingSun, Jan 10, 2021
Karma: 192
Looks like we are coming down to the end now . So many great characters in this contest .I wish everyone the best of luck
BrinecyclingMon, Jan 11, 2021
Karma: 192

I figured I would do a short animation with him and see how it looked
Foxy 3DMon, Jan 11, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Haha - cute!   
BrinecyclingThu, Jan 14, 2021
Karma: 192
Good luck to everyone who entered the contest . This was a great time for myself and there were so many great entries . My hats off to everyone who entered .GOOD LUCK
Foxy 3DThu, Jan 14, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Thank YOU for participating! And thank you, also, for engaging in other threads, too. I was hoping there would be more interaction like that. I guess people are a little shy.  
Do you think you could post your final render(s) again, so they appear toward the end of your thread? Thanks again, and have a great day!  


BrinecyclingThu, Jan 14, 2021
Karma: 192
Sure absolutly foxy . This contest was so fun . I wanted to comment on others because there are so many great entries.This was my final render and submission.image
Foxy 3DSat, Jan 16, 2021
Admin: 59,523
Perfect. Thank you!
BrinecyclingTue, Jan 19, 2021
Karma: 192
I am getting excited now to see the results . Just gotta wait it out I guess.
dwindtWed, Jan 20, 2021
Karma: 6,687
Just the right troop to call we you're in a pickle. Love it!
BrinecyclingWed, Jan 20, 2021
Karma: 192
I guess it was spot on then ? LOL
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account