×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Purple Rain (CLOSED)

eye243
chaoskhan_666Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Karma: 1,859
"I never meant to cause you any sorrow. I never meant to cause you any pain..."

Forum Image

Forum Image

Thumbnail
Forum Image

drjivagoSun, Apr 28, 2024
Karma: 12,987
If I may....
...''I only wanted one time to see you laughing
    I only want to see you laughing in the purple rain''...

Info :
Purple rain; A restless feeling. A non-descriptive feeling of boredom, restlessness and confinement. A feeling one has when wanting to escape from responsibility (chiefly emotional) by traveling. Sometimes synonymous with 'wanderlust.' The desire to travel in order to escape an emotional commitment. The true power of Purple Rain lay in the vitality of its songwriting, as well as the many off-the-wall production choices

Are we getting some Kill Bill vibes in this:) I think I can imagine purple rain (break up song) playing along this scene, fighting off a guy, who she used to know. 
Good work of emotion.
chaoskhan_666
Karma: 1,859
Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Thanks mate. Seems like you are a bigger fan of the song than I am. So much insight to it.

Not really at the "Kill Bill" level but definitely on the same "Payback" theme. Thought of making the scene more bloody, with more stains on the character and some dead bodies on the floor. In the end, decided to focus more on the emotions and the play of lights with the rain and the water. Took a bit of trial and error to position the rain to get the light reflaction effect I hoped to achieved. Didn't hit 100% of what I intended but I am satisfied with it. Learnt a lot during this exercise.
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Sun, Apr 28, 2024
You're right. One should ask himself, how would other details contribute to the scene and are they really needed.
If this was a comic reel or a story, those people lying on the floor, may make sense. But since the main theme here, is light, I think you've done well enough to emphasize this, while some things are left out for the purpose of imagination or as a hint and this one gives you that message well enough.
chaoskhan_666
Karma: 1,859
Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Definitely, what you said about letting the viewer use his imagination is so true. Sometimes I get carried away and kept adding things to a render to spice things up. Need to control, "less is more".
jamie6Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
chaoskhan_666
Karma: 1,859
Tue, Apr 30, 2024
Thanks Jamie, may I know the dimensions you set for the thumbnail? (I have created one but I presume its dimensions doesn't fit.)
gh0stttt
Karma: 1,486
Wed, May 01, 2024
The dimensions for the thumbnail is 400400.
Good thumbnail size.
jamie6
Admin: 14,430
Wed, May 01, 2024
Hi there,

Yes we keep the thumbnail dimensions to 400x400.

Best of luck!
chaoskhan_666
Karma: 1,859
Wed, May 01, 2024
Thanks ghOstttt and jamie!
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account