×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Warrior of The Word - Angel of brilliance (CLOSED)

eye171
dwindtSat, May 04, 2024
Karma: 6,697
Forum ImageForum Image

drjivagoSat, May 04, 2024
Karma: 12,987
Wow, this looks heavenly. Well done Dwight with this wonderful render. Looks like there's a detailed work on the shepherd's staff, as the writing symbols and shape of a hand, at the end.
dwindt
Karma: 6,697
Sun, May 05, 2024
Thanks so much drjivago. I tried to incorporate what I hope, are some appropriate religious symbols, on a staff that I modelled, textured and uv'd. Then I made an emission map to get the symbols glowing. I also couldn't find the appropriate halo, so I made my own, from 2 different alpha and emission maps, a haze ball and some rim lights. It took many hours setting it up and getting the right effect.

I ran her top through a dynamics engine to get it to lay correctly on the chest as the top continued to explode with deforce.

iRay did a fine job on the render, running with the caustics option selected. It just took a long time but I rendered it through the night. I applied subtle tweaks before posting it.
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Sun, May 05, 2024
I also thought there was a lot of effort to achieve the desired look, which was well captured in the end. My good wishes are with you.
jamie6Wed, May 08, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
dwindt
Karma: 6,697
Wed, May 08, 2024
Thank you Jamie6.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account