×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Lady Of The Lake (CLOSED)

eye135
beachlegsThu, May 09, 2024
Karma: 9,921
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

drjivagoThu, May 09, 2024
Karma: 12,987
Wow ! Fantastic work and so refreshing, and the dribbling water on the sword is awesome. Looks like  the mission's accomplished for you B.L.
(A different interpretation to the 'Lady of the Lake' where she comes out of the water to give the sword from you).
I was also confused about whether Arthur got the sword  from a rock or the lady gave it to her. If I remember correctly sword is thrown into the water in the end, where the lady catches it with her hand and disappears in the water in one feature : D
    Forum Image
Sword of Excalibur:
''Most early Arthurian legends clarify that the two swords are different, and Arthur receives Excalibur not from a stone but from the Lady of the Lake. However, in the prose version of Merlin, which is compiled from manuscripts and edited by Henry B. Wheatley, Excalibur is the sword in the stone''.
''The Lady of the Lake, also known as Viviane or Nimue, is an enchantress who lives in a castle beneath a lake surrounding the island of Avalon. According to legend, she is most famous for giving Arthur the magical sword Excalibur, for fostering Sir Lancelot after his father's death and for imprisoning Merlin in a tree''.

beachlegsThu, May 09, 2024
Karma: 9,921
Thank you my friend,  I really enjoyed making this one I have had so many ideas for this competition my mind is frazzled lol I have one more to finish then it is a big cup of tea and biscuit time lol
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account