Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.

RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Interior Design
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
RPG Models
dazDaz Content
Daz On Sale!
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
3D On Sale!How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|TECHNICAL TALK

Jeans Pants with Sheer Top and Jacket for Daz3D not loading (CLOSED)

Sat, Dec 19, 2020
Gemini_Karma_128
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
Jeans Pants with Sheer Top and Jacket for Daz3D not loading

Recently, I purchased the Jean Pants with Sheer Top and Jacket from AFAZ. When installing it, I did it the same way that I've always done:

1. Extract the file to the desktop
  2. Open up the "My Library" folder for Daz3d
  3. Open the "Content" folder in both the "My Library" folder and in the "Jeans Pants with Sheer Top and Jacket" zip file
  4. Manual copy and paste each product into the applicable folders
  5. Close everything down
  6. Bring up Daz3D to ensure it works. 

However, every time I go to load it into the scene, this is the message that I get: 

• data/af/jeans and bra/bra/bra_27128.dsf

• data/af/jeans and bra/bra/uv sets/af/base/default.dsf

• data/af/jeans and bra/bra/bra_27128.dsf
It then proceeds to come up as the grey squares. I'm not the most knowledgeable on the technical terms of Daz, but to the best of my knowledge, that means that all the important files of the product are missing. While writing this, the last thing that I'm going to try to do is manually copy and paste the actual files into each folder and not the whole folder by itself. I have already inboxed the crreator - AFAZ for more support and have not heard any word from them. If anyone has any troubleshooting for this, I would appreciate it. Thanks. 

Sat, Dec 19, 2020
Gemini_Karma_128
artist

This issue has been resolved. I am just pasting the response that I had from the Daz3D forums here for everyone to see in the event that they also have an issue that is similar to this one. 

Update - someone in the Daz3D forums helped me out. The issue was this:

The product came in a zip file. I'd unzip it and see the "Content" folder inside, which contained the "data", "People", "Runtime", etc folders.
I'd take the "Content" folder and paste it directly into the "Content" folder that was within the "My Library" folder.
I should have just taken the stuff that was in the zipped "Content" folder and pasted it directly into "My Library" instead.

Talk about feeling like a dummy. I almost want to go back and redo all of the content that I've downloaded, but that's gonna take a lot of time. I think that I'll just do that when I get a new memory card for the computer. Thanks though for pointing out the "Content" folder. It was a big help.

Happy Holidays and stay safe out there!

Sun, Dec 20, 2020
Foxy 3D
Administrator

I'm glad you got it sorted out, and thanks for sharing your resolution. 

Happy Holidays to you!  :-)  

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble