×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Discount Dentistry Dilemma (CLOSED)

eye154
animsakariSun, May 19, 2024
Karma: 157
DISCOUNT DENTISTRY DILEMNA

"Bad news," Karim, my oral hygienist, says handing me a tiny paper cup.

"Cavity?" I ask before swishing the minty fluoride.

"Worse. Imminent, total planetary destruction," he replies before standing and leting himself into what appears to be a mop closet.

I laugh and play back, "You should probably tell someone."

Karim emerges much too quickly decked out in a dapper, black suit and lavish, teal shirt with bat buttons. He shrugs, "I tried to tell the Brits, but technically, I'm not human. So they locked me up and did the Stranger Things thing. After I escaped, I laid low. No one expects an alien oral hygienist."

It's been storming all day but suddenly the sky inks to black. Karim grabs a glossy umbrella and strides urgently out into the bustling "Little Tokyo" street. As his umbrella flips open, a brilliant aqua light streams down from its interior, and flowering limbs immediately sprout from the nearby mochi shop's wall twisting and growing until an impossible archway and grass carpeted path has formed stretching out into a swirling, glowing mist.

Karim gestures me towards the flowered portal with two fingers.

"Coming? I honestly thought we had more time than... 10 minutes, but it looks like a titan slug found a slip stream to your system. A shame. I was rather fond of the food," my oral hygienist says with a sigh.

"I'm in," I decide quickly. "Maybe we could take a few--excuse me, miss? Do you want--"

The pony-tailed college student glares at me and flips me the double bird. I look at Karim, and we shrug at each other.

"Right. Screw this place," I declare strutting into the aqua haze and a new, unexpected future.

THE END?

------------------------------------------------------

I was curious how I might do the inverted umbrella and portal tricks. The Art Of Light RenderHub contest was a good excuse to try to tackle them.

------------------------------------------------------

Rendered in Daz Studio 4.22
Affinity Photo for signature & postwork

------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks to the Daz Freebie artists:

Rain System by SquarePeg3d
Umbrella by Parrotdolphin
Duffle Coat 2 by Yomiuri

------------------------------------------------------

WIREFRAME RENDER
Forum Image

FINAL RENDER
Forum Image

beachlegsTue, May 21, 2024
Karma: 9,921
This is wonderful my friend
animsakari
Karma: 157
Sat, May 25, 2024
Thank you. It was a little harder than I expected, but through a few happy accidents it all came together in the end.
jamie6Tue, May 21, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account