×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Light speed (CLOSED)

eye194
bonjSun, May 19, 2024
Karma: 15,222
Forum ImageForum Image

drjivagoSun, May 19, 2024
Karma: 12,987
This vortex is one of the best I've seen, by the looks of the wireframe, you made a physical vortex as well. I hope your machine was able to keep up with your light-speed spaceships and not fall behind Best wishes with your entry.
bonj
Karma: 15,222
Mon, May 20, 2024
Thank you drjivago thats very kind. I was going for a Farscape style without so much blue. More of a black hole than worm hole.
The prop is a scaled up weapon/magic effect. I re textured it and scaled it up again then a lot of photoshop.

Iray then I used a filament render to highlight the front of the mother ship.

This one wasn't as taxing on my rig as some of my renders
drjivagoMon, May 20, 2024
Karma: 12,987
It's a good thing you gave it some burning red color variations, otherwise it may have been plain, with just one dominant color, like you said.  
In other words, looks more dynamic this way.
-Example of a black, blue and a white light wormhole :
  Forum Image
bonj
Karma: 15,222
Tue, May 21, 2024
Looks like farscape. Great effects for the time but not enough color

I may dust off the old dvds and put it on in the background while I work
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Tue, May 21, 2024
Yes, I think it is :- ) You have a sharp eye Bonj. Well in the end, looks like you agree with me, as your vortex is more colorful compared to this.
I called it a vortex because some might say it's a wormhole or a black hole, just using a more generic word here on my behalf as its structure.
''The major distinction between a wormhole and a black hole is that a wormhole is a funnel-shaped space-time tunnel between two points between universes, whereas a black hole is a cosmic body with extreme gravity''.
In other words, black holes are more proven than the existence of wormholes.
''While researchers have never found a wormhole in our universe, scientists often see wormholes described in the solutions to important physics equations. Most prominently, the solutions to the equations behind Einstein's theory of space-time and general relativity include wormholes''.
''Einstein's theory of general relativity mathematically predicts the existence of wormholes, but none have been discovered to date. A negative mass wormhole might be spotted by the way its gravity affects light that passes by''.
You can think of wormholes as shortcuts in space.
jamie6Tue, May 21, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
bonj
Karma: 15,222
Tue, May 21, 2024
Thank you Jamie
jamie6
Admin: 14,430
Wed, May 22, 2024
Of course!
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account