×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Finding Bella (CLOSED)

eye222
MarceloCaseMon, May 20, 2024
Karma: 4,910
This couple is from a comic I've been developing, and I decided to create this exclusive scene for the Render Hub contest. The challenge of this scene was to illuminate each character's expression with a color that reflects their current emotion, adding contour and reflection to their weapons for definition.

For the guy, the light symbolizes hope for escape, as if he sees a way out. For Bella, the girl, the light conveys terror as she realizes she's about to fight for her life. For the demon, the red light behind him shines through the membranes of his wings, highlighting the inherent evil as if it's emanating from within him.

Bella was created entirely from scratch, with textures made in Substance Painter. The other characters were modeled by me using textures from asset libraries. The artwork was developed in Daz, rendered in Daz using VRay, with post-production done in Photoshop.

Thank you for checking out my work!

Forum Image

The wireframes:
Forum Image
Forum Image

The thumbnail:
Forum Image

MarceloCaseMon, May 20, 2024
Karma: 4,910
I forgot to post two images showing the final render and color correction in Photoshop, before the final result. Here they are

Final render:Forum Image

Color correction:
Forum Image
s7sMon, May 20, 2024
Karma: 304
An interesting piece you have here with a definite graphic novel flair, on both composition and lighting side of things. But I am a bit confused looking at it. 
Is it "Finding Bella" or "Saving Bella" ? And I still do not get the attraction to demons people tend to include a lot in their creations nowadays, but I guess it has to do with how everyone is imagining the villain as a matter of personal taste.
And if you will allow me a small correction,  Daz Studio is using Nvidia's proprietary Iray render engine and not  Chaosgroup's Vray production ready and industry standard render engine, unless they developed a plug-in for Daz I am not aware of.
So, best regards from me Marcelo and good luck with your entry.
MarceloCase
Karma: 4,910
Mon, May 20, 2024
Thank you very much for the compliments! You're completely right. VRay is on Blender, and iRay is on Daz. I've been a digital artist for years, but I only started with 3D at the beginning of last year, so it's a very new universe for me, especially with names and terms. Thanks for the teaching.

The name of the comic is Finding Bella, although the scene has already been found. Hahahaha. It's funny that you mention classic enemy figures, like the demon in the scene. You're right, and in the case of the story, I added a twist because, in fact, the demon is just a creation of Bella's boyfriend's imagination. But the mystery that explains this part, I will leave for you to discover when I release the work.

Lucky for us, s7s!
jamie6Tue, May 21, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account