×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Hawaii - Aloha (CLOSED)

eye147
drjivagoTue, May 21, 2024
Karma: 12,987
Hawaii consists of 137 volcanic islands that comprise almost the entire Hawaiian archipelago (the exception, which is outside the state, is Midway Atoll). Spanning 1,500 miles (2,400 km), the state is physiographically and ethnologically part of the Polynesian subregion of Oceania.

Aloha is the Hawaiian word for love, affection, peace, compassion and mercy, that is commonly used as a greeting.It has a deeper cultural and spiritual significance to native Hawaiians, for whom the term is used to define a force that holds together existence.
The word is found in all Polynesian languages and always with the same basic meaning of "love, compassion, sympathy, kindness." Its use in Hawaii has a seriousness lacking in the Tahitian and Samoan meanings. Mary Kawena Pukui wrote that the "first expression" of aloha was between a parent and child.
                    - Wiki

Dragonflies and damselflies are known from all the Main Hawaiian Islands except for Kaho'olawe. Abundance: Unknown. The loss of native habitats likely means that many species within the order are declining.

 A  scenery you would most likely get in one of the Hawaiian islands :

Forum ImageForum ImageForum Image
 Thumbnail :
Forum Image

beachlegsWed, May 22, 2024
Karma: 9,921
This is beautiful, I have always wanted to visit Hawaii since I was a young child and I was given a Hula skirt set for my first Christmas in Australia.  I remember I use to  stand on the street doing the hula dance lol Good luck with this one my friend it brought back fond memories
giant dwarfWed, May 22, 2024
Karma: 5,736
Ever since watching the TV show 'Hawaii Five-0,' I've dreamed of visiting Hawaii. Perhaps one day, I'll get to experience its beauty firsthand. great render.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account