×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

For their children they strived (CLOSED)

eye220
Thread Activity
dwindtTue, Jun 25, 2024
By all means. Yes and thanks.
bonjMon, Jun 24, 2024
This is such a masterpiece. I can smell the sweat, the grinding metal, the dust in the air and toxic graft and toil.Can I print one for my wall..  G
dwindtThu, May 30, 2024
Thank you so much beachlegs. Good hope to us all in the contest and beyond!
dwindtThu, May 30, 2024
Thanks Dr"J'! My pc was crying but I'm impressed that I eventually got it done.
beachlegsSat, May 25, 2024
Wonderful image my friend, I love the detail and atmosphere :)
drjivagoFri, May 24, 2024
You sure have good sense in machinery scenes. I remembered the one with the plane repairman which was excellent as well.I think you're lucky your mach
dwindtFri, May 24, 2024
Karma: 6,697
Forum ImageForum Image

dwindtFri, May 24, 2024
Karma: 6,697
Cigarette glow, flame flare, ultraviolet welding rays, light leak through uv resistant curtain, grinding sparks, volumetric rays, friction sparks from brushes in the generator, caustics, reflection, refraction, starburst, smelted metal, slag spatters and God rays....and then my pc froze....and then it rendered for 32 hours. Good hope everybody. Some stunning renders. Well done!!!

jamie6Fri, May 24, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
dwindt
Karma: 6,697
Fri, May 24, 2024
Thanks so much Jamie...that was quick.
jamie6
Admin: 14,430
Fri, May 24, 2024
You're Welcome!
s7sFri, May 24, 2024
Karma: 304
Wow, you went full FX on this one. I can almost hear the machinery noises and smell the hot metal and lubricants. Very nicely done! And I especially appreciate seeing (some) people rising their personal bar to produce a compelling piece like this.
So, I toss the coin to you, witcher!
dwindt
Karma: 6,697
Fri, May 24, 2024
Thanks for the kind words s7s. It nearly didn't make the contest. I spent so long setting it up on my dying pc. It took ages just getting items into place. I turned my back on it over a month ago but It seemed to much of a waste to have gone so far and not complete it.With the closing date fast approaching, I pulled it out again last week and decided to complete what I could and post it. I still wanted to have 2 people searching the storage area above the welder, with a torch or lamp. It would have created just a little more depth but my pc would not have it.
drjivagoFri, May 24, 2024
Karma: 12,987
You sure have good sense in machinery scenes. I remembered the one with the plane repairman which was excellent as well.
I think you're lucky your machine got you this far, as you said, it was a tedious task, and besides, I don't feel anything was left out in this work. Much more here and not less : - ) Best wishes with your entry.
dwindt
Karma: 6,697
Thu, May 30, 2024
Thanks Dr"J'! My pc was crying but I'm impressed that I eventually got it done.
beachlegsSat, May 25, 2024
Karma: 9,921
Wonderful image my friend, I love the detail and atmosphere
dwindt
Karma: 6,697
Thu, May 30, 2024
Thank you so much beachlegs. Good hope to us all in the contest and beyond!
bonjMon, Jun 24, 2024
Karma: 15,222
This is such a masterpiece. 

I can smell the sweat, the grinding metal, the dust in the air and toxic graft and toil.

Can I print one for my wall..  Great work.
dwindt
Karma: 6,697
Tue, Jun 25, 2024
By all means. Yes and thanks.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account