×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

The offering (CLOSED)

eye226
ZsiboSat, May 25, 2024
Karma: 201
Hello! This is my second time at a Renderhub contest, good fortune to everyone participating!


The concept is a sacrifice, and offering to an ancient being who grants well-being to the tribe in exchange for the life of the best warrior every generation has to offer, their soul is transferred through the beam of sunlight to the heavens where they will watch over the rest of the people.


The skeleton and foreground cliffs were sculpted in ZBrush and textured in Substance Painter. Characters are Daz3d with a couple of custom objects modeled in 3DsMax. Background cliffs and plants are from Megascans. Rendered with V-Ray.


Hope you like it, and thanks for visiting!

Forum Image

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum ImageForum ImageForum ImageForum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image



drjivagoSat, May 25, 2024
Karma: 12,987
I hope this sacrifice doesn't occur as a recurring event, say for example, in a monthly basis, if so, since there won't be anyone left in the village for the sacrifice, then granting them well-being won't matter at the end for any beings whatsoever. You said on a generation basis, so it must be roughly every twenty years at least. Either the remainng skeleton was that of a giant kong or the villagers were hobbits : - ) Good wishes with your imaginative entry.
Zsibo
Karma: 201
Sun, May 26, 2024
lol Yeah, I was thinking something like 20-30 years apart, the idea came after the scene was half way done actually, it started with a giant alien creature but remembered I had the skull and I don't know, seemed funny, my imagination is really wild most of the time. Thanks for the comment and your wishes n_n
jamie6Thu, May 30, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
HawawunarSat, Jun 01, 2024
Karma: 130
Geez, that 3D entry is banging! The originality is just unreal. It's like you've got a direct line to the muse of creativity. Absolute fire!
I can't imagine how much work this took you.
Zsibo
Karma: 201
Sun, Jun 02, 2024
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it, it took a little over a week 'cause I kept changing my mind, this scene is maybe the 4th iteration. I'll upload one of the final sketches for the concept.
Thanks for commenting!
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account