×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Neo-Venice (CLOSED)

eye181
myattcpThu, May 30, 2024
Karma: 117
My Idea for this piece of art was a neo-venetian waterway from the future. I had alot of fun doing this, i recently had the chance to head down to london uk to go to an event ran by chaos group. I always find these events useful to inspire artists to push further. For this piece i used composition techniques and lighting Techniques which i feel bounce off each other (See progress shots). I wanted to push this down a more 'cyberpunk' type style as i love that genre. The idea of the piece is to show how the corporations still stand strong whilst local Venetians struggle in a more kind of slum area, trying to make a living. 

The reason for entering this is i am a vis artist in architecture. but sometimes you need to push yourself in your thinking and doing something like this is a lot of fun! Enjoy! and Good luck all

Forum Image


Below is my process images of different stages of the design. Using the Golden Spiral and other composition techniques. Feel free to ask any questions if you have any. 

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum ImageForum Image





myattcpThu, May 30, 2024
Karma: 117

Raw Render:
Forum Image

Final Post Production:
Forum Image

j-ferreiraThu, May 30, 2024
Karma: 689
Really nice composition and contrast!

I would have just rendered with a little bit of DoF and volumetrics (a little fog) to really push the sense of depth of the scene and make the neon signs pop a bit more.

I also work in ArchViz! This kind of contest is really useful to get the opportunity to experiment with stuff we usually don't get to use.
myattcpThu, May 30, 2024
Karma: 117
Yeah man! fun to try out some new stuff. I get to do some competition stuff in archviz, but it's always slightly rigid when it comes to buildings, this was a nice test to think again about composition. Hopefully i can find some more challenges like this. I see you're based in osaka? working over there or remote? I could imagine that can be interesting? 
j-ferreira
Karma: 689
Thu, May 30, 2024
Yeah! I used to do a lot of competition in Architecture when I started working. I am a licensed architect in my home country.

I am based and working in Osaka as an architectural designer (don't have an architecture license here) and furniture designer for a smallish japanese company. Mainly working on interiors and renovations and doing all the in-house renderings for our projects. Nothing too mind blowing.
When I moved here I was actually planning on changing fields to game environment design or something like that but I got this opportunity 2 months in my move and just grabbed it.
myattcp
Karma: 117
Fri, May 31, 2024
That sounds like a very good move. I've heard many good things about Japan and how they live. My best mate has lived over in nagoya for the past 7 years. He won't be moving back here anytime soon! He loves it over there.

I'd looked into game design, but im glad I stuck with arch viz. I actually think it's a better industry. When it comes to triple A's it's quite corporate. Small private companies seem to actually have way better cultures imo
jamie6Wed, Jun 12, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account