Password

reset my password
closeJoin RenderHub
Existing Members Login Here.
Email Address (we never share this)
User Name
Password
Retype Password
I acknowledge that I have read and agree with the RenderHub Terms of Use.
closeLogin Help
Enter the email address you used to sign up and we will send you a link to reset your password.
Email Address
You should recieve the email within a few minutes, be sure to check your spam box for the email.

RenderHub
3D Modelsmenu
meshModel Categories
People
Anatomy
Animals
Insects
Plants
Food
Clothing
Buildings
Interior Design
Furniture
Appliances
Cars
Motorcycles
Aircraft
Boats & Ships
Military
Weapons
Robots
Sci-fi
Technology
Movies & TV
RPG Models
dazDaz Content
Daz On Sale!
Characters
Clothing
Footwear
Hair
Poses
Morphs
Props
Accessories
Shaders & Skin
Mature Content
3D On Sale!How To Sell 3D ModelsGalleryForumLearningWallpapersMy Feed
HOME|FORUMS|GENERAL DISCUSSION

Attention Content Artists, please list items used in your promo pictures. (CLOSED)

Fri, Mar 26, 2021
Bobb
artist
THIS JOB HAS BEEN COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY AND IS NOW CLOSED
Attention Content Artists, please list items used in your promo pictures.

Please, please, please...ohhhh puh-lease,

could all you tremendously gifted artists, please list what items are included in your promo pictures, especially the clothes.

This is a subject that comes up repeatedly in other brokerage sites and can be both frustrating and maddening when the artist doesn't

respond.      Letting us know what you've used to showcase your item can lead to increased sales since folks may want to replicate

your promo render.

Thanks bunches!   

Rob                                                                                                                           

Sat, Mar 27, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to post your suggestion in the forum. For clarification: 

Do you mean when people post images in the gallery, to include in the description what products they used?

Like this?  https://www.renderhub.com/gallery/2203/kelsey-simply-foxy  

Or do you mean for vendors to include on their product pages, in the description, the other products they used to create those promo images? 

Thanks again for your feedback.  

Sat, Mar 27, 2021
bu_es
Spain

I think it means that it is done as in daz that they put the whole list of clothes, hair, lights etc that were used for each image (and of course they all have to be products from the daz store) because they will not advertise it to another store.

Tue, Mar 30, 2021
Bobb
artist

I was suggesting that items used in promotional renders of products for sale be listed.  This is a big problem at the other brokerages because some artists are just lazy, don't think it's important or as bu_es mentioned, are restricted by overbearing regulations in the brokerage.  Anyone who's studied even a little bit of marketing knows that this doesn't drive people to other sites, it mostly serves to PO and frustrate potential customers.  The people who run this place don't seem to be so short sighted.

I'd like to suggest that this be added to the vendor's FAQ if there is one.

While I have you're attention, here's another suggestion.  How about an 'Items wanted' thread?  This would be a place for customers to post pictures of 3D content they'd like to see made.  Rather than let others add an endless stream of "me too!" comments,  each post would have a checkbox(?) so that others could simply click on it to add their support.  This would enable the artists to quickly see how popular each suggestion was.  

By the way 'Foxy'.  I read a study which found that folks online are much more polite to people with attractive female avatars.  Unfortunately, at the same time, these avatars also attract more risque comments.   Cute and 'fuzzy-wuzzy' avatars are seen as being benign and non-confrontational and generally  attract less attention from internet jerks.

Tue, Apr 13, 2021
Foxy 3D
Administrator

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I have added your suggestion for an "Items Wanted" category to our admin wishlist / hotlist. When our tech guy gets to it, I'm sure it will be no problem to add it. Thank you for the suggestion!  

LOL - And you're right about the avatar - at least about people being polite. People are pretty nice around here, and so far I haven't had to deal with any jerks... 

And your fuzzy-wuzzy avatar looks like he shouldn't cause much trouble.  ;-)  

YouTubevimeoArtStationDeviantArtredditInstagramfacebooktwitterPinteresttumblrCGSocietyBehanceLinkedindribbble