×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

White Dragon Noodle Bar WIP (CLOSED)

eye267
808stateWed, Nov 27, 2024
Karma: 6,471
Hi everyone! Ive started working on the final quadrant and I'm excited to show you some progress…
Once this quadrant is finished, Ill create more vehicles and props and some add-ons for the scenes Ive already released.

I made this area quadrant 4 so I could build up my skill enough to actually be able to do it. It contains the most recognizable elements of Blade Runner, so it has to be perfect.

Here is one of the most recognizable of the whole film set….The White Dragon Noodle Bar!

Forum Image

Forum Image
and here it is with texture

Forum Image

Forum Image

It was a lot of fun to create the different items on the menu. I did a lot of research into authentic Japanese kinds of menu items at a place like this and so I settled on Hakata ramen, a salmon miso, tuna sashimi and, of course, green tea.
Here are the graphics for the menus a well as the food item. I tried to get the items to match the menu a closely as possible:

Hakata ramen is a specialized kind of ramen that uses a pork broth that simmers a long time in a pot (I also made the simmering pot of pork and bone broth in the background of the set)
Forum Image
Forum Image

Forum Image
Forum Image

Forum Image

So this gives you an idea of the level of detail for quadrant 4. And that's again why I saved it for last.
Here are some in process images of quad 4 so far....maybe you'll recognize some parts of it?

Forum Image
Forum Image

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, feedback or impression!

kwerkxWed, Nov 27, 2024
Karma: 8,788
Food textures are tough to get right, those look pretty good.. Great work!
bonjSat, Dec 07, 2024
Karma: 15,437
Wow
lukonMon, Dec 23, 2024
Karma: 8,496
Helz ya. Real nice.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account