×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Crazy big house called the "Top Wide House" (CLOSED)

eye196
Thread Activity
lukonTue, Feb 04, 2025
Helix staircase prototype.
lukonTue, Feb 04, 2025
In the previous picture, notice the staircase in the distance behind Rosie, to the right.That staircase goes to the oval room on the roof.Let's go to
lukonTue, Feb 04, 2025
The medium is great for that, fo' sho'. I'm not an architect in real life and never will be. But I can play one in Blender and Daz.In this medium, we
lukonTue, Feb 04, 2025
Totally. And there's way more than just the 3 WIP's I have so far posted up here. There's like 10 of them. I take turns working of each of them, accor
bikdingleMon, Feb 03, 2025
Being able to defy physics and make what we imagine is the strength of the medium and something so many people forget or never realize.
guy91600Mon, Feb 03, 2025
I didn't think you had several projects of this magnitude.In France we have an expression "Celui qui court deux lièvres à la fois n'en prend aucun"
lukonSun, Feb 02, 2025
Karma: 8,496
Another big house project I occasionally work on in Blender is this what I call the "Top Wide" house, 'cause it is wider at the top than the bottom.

I like to rummage through my old sketches and select something to convert into a 3D model. Ya. I think I made this sketch in the early 1980's. And so I began my conversion of it to 3D in 2021.

Forum Image

I learned that not everything translates well from a sketch to 3D. There are still a few things from the upper left roof that I have not yet figured out how to include. And I don't like the upper left corner being totally made of glass like that. It makes the house less "present" there. Oh well.

lukonSun, Feb 02, 2025
Karma: 8,496
I like this view of the front porch, 'though.

Forum Image
lukonSun, Feb 02, 2025
Karma: 8,496
And here's the back porch, with a second floor balcony thing goin' on.

Forum Image
lukonMon, Feb 03, 2025
Karma: 8,496
A bitchi' kitchen. Lots of free CC0 items from folks on Blendswap.com.

Forum Image
lukonMon, Feb 03, 2025
Karma: 8,496
A fun scene in the kitchen. The game of ice cube divination.

Forum Image
lukon
Karma: 8,496
Mon, Feb 03, 2025
Look at all that empty space behind them that I have not yet figured out what for.
lukon
Karma: 8,496
Mon, Feb 03, 2025
And if ya want them ice cube trays and cubes for your own renders, ya can get 'em for free:
https://www.renderhub.com/lukon/ice-cube-tray-stackable-with-ice-v1
lukonMon, Feb 03, 2025
Karma: 8,496
And so go over and stand in that big empty area behind the folks with the ice cubes, and turn around and look up a bit.

Forum Image

Rosie takes care of the joint real good.
lukonMon, Feb 03, 2025
Karma: 8,496
Rose is at one end of the little bridge that connects two "office" areas together across a gap. These offices, and the gap, are under a big shallow-dome window. Kinda cool.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image
lukon
Karma: 8,496
Mon, Feb 03, 2025
Notice that desk/table. It too it "top wide".
guy91600Mon, Feb 03, 2025
Karma: 21,202
I didn't think you had several projects of this magnitude.
In France we have an expression "Celui qui court deux lièvres à la fois n'en prend aucun" ( He who runs two hares at the same time catches none )
That explains why none of them are finished several years later 

lukon
Karma: 8,496
Tue, Feb 04, 2025
Totally. And there's way more than just the 3 WIP's I have so far posted up here. There's like 10 of them. I take turns working of each of them, according to whim. That is, I work on one of them until I get frustrated by something. Then I switch to another one. A few times I got lucky and finished the project..
bikdingleMon, Feb 03, 2025
Karma: 58,192
Being able to defy physics and make what we imagine is the strength of the medium and something so many people forget or never realize.
lukon
Karma: 8,496
Tue, Feb 04, 2025
The medium is great for that, fo' sho'. I'm not an architect in real life and never will be. But I can play one in Blender and Daz.

In this medium, we are fashion designers, architects, automobile designers, and designers of all kinds of products, and landscapers, and ...

... adults playing with digital dolls and their worlds.
lukonTue, Feb 04, 2025
Karma: 8,496
In the previous picture, notice the staircase in the distance behind Rosie, to the right.

That staircase goes to the oval room on the roof.

Let's go to the base of that staircase first:

Forum Image

Again, I got the staircase from someone on Blendswap. I had to adjust it and tweak the geometry.

So let's go up into the oval room:

Forum Image

Big bathtub up here. And behind that screen is a toilet.

And here's the other end of the oval room:

Forum Image

Big loungey day bed. Hang out there and read a book or something.
lukonTue, Feb 04, 2025
Karma: 8,496
Helix staircase prototype.

Forum Image
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account