×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/GENERAL DISCUSSION

DAZ Studio needs advanced competition

eye281
MasterstrokeSat, Feb 28
Karma: 6,115
It needs a Poser/DAZ/Reallusion kinda software, that can do better.
Maybe combined advanteges of all three of them.
Most important:
NOT US based, but European or Canadian based and also for Linux available, supporting both AMD and NVIDEA for PBR-GPU rendering with an easy Blender bridge.
Propably not happening, well...
ArtbyMelSat, Feb 28
Karma: 20,092
We can dream, right?
Masterstroke
Karma: 6,115
Sat, Feb 28
Yes, we can.
The way it is now, I see the end coming.
This hobby is going to die soon.
Katsuyaki
Karma: 3,164
Sat, Feb 28
Well, yes and no. Mega-farms don't stop people from planting their own gardens, garages don't stop people from working on their own cars, T.V. didn't kill off books, plays, radio, and movie theaters, and A.I. probably won't kill off old school hand-crafted 2D and 3D, either. One big advantage old school 2D and 3D have over A.I. is the no subscription issue and no internet required issue: I can do art without pouring my heard-earned money into someone else's pockets every month, and I can do it without having to log into someone else's servers continuously. But I would be lying if I said I knew exactly how things are gonna change going forward.
TenserknotSat, Feb 28
Karma: 11,053
what company with a hint of business acumen would invest in 3D at this point.  most the established players in this area of the industry are going bankrupt or shifting making their softwares free. more like daydreaming.  not going to happen. ten years too late for something like that. 
BobbSat, Feb 28
Karma: 1,853
The software won't stop working and the models won't evaporate.  We can all keep 'playing with dolls' as long as we want.  Daz and Renderosity going under might usher in a new golden age from a hobbyist's point of view.  Instead of crappy models for the sake of a quick buck, we'll get fans making models for the fun of it, like when Poser was new.
Keep EVERY version of Studio archived on your computer along with every model you've got.
BobbSat, Feb 28
Karma: 1,853
Additionally, smart companies will enhance 3D programs with AI.  For example, fabric draping and soft body physics could be given the capabilities we've always wished for...fast, simple and intuitive.  An AI render engine That would work on any computer type and configuration AND deliver excellent results quickly.
Unfortunately I don't see either Daz (Tafi) or Rendo having the foresight to deliver this.
kwerkxSat, Feb 28
Karma: 8,788
Why isn't Blender considered a competitor?  Is the ask specifically for a European competitor or a breakout player who amasses the same sort of market share in terms of sites, stores, and volume?  As an aside, I did a quick search for Europes largest software companies and "Dassault Systèmes" caught my eye.  As a though experiment, it would be very plausible for 3DS to buy DAZ to expand it's existing 3d portfolio into new markets.. Where would DAZ being acquired by a bigger fish in the 3d space fit in all this?


Jackolantern
Karma: 474
Sat, Feb 28
"Where would DAZ being acquired by a bigger fish in the 3d space fit in all this?"

Introduction of a subscription for the software, rising prices, and a mass exodus of users.
Katsuyaki
Karma: 3,164
Sat, Feb 28
That already happened.
Luxe MuseMon, Mar 02
Karma: 9,225
I think you meant, Blender, hi, hi, hi!
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account