×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/GENERAL DISCUSSION

What features do you want to see in PoseStudio? Share your thoughts!

eye821
Thread Activity
midgard229Sat, Aug 01
intuitive in studio sculpt control as well as good physics simulation for hair and cloth. I've always loved how Marvelous designer controls simulation
Luxe MuseSat, Jul 18
My simple thoughts:1. Animation tools that function correctly, with strong and correct IK/FK implementation, would be wonderful. 2. A simple physics
prixatSat, Jul 18
I just heard that Omniverse is now free for all. Does that mean that 'RTX Interactive' the path tracing renderer is now free to be integrated?Since it
LZYSat, Jul 18
I think it might be helpful to consider what the baseline feature set will be and then build on that.  Is the project looking to replicate daz studio
MasterstrokeSat, Jul 18
This could be a self fullfilling prophecy.Let‘s keep on on this. I‘d like it to happen.
BobbFri, Jul 17
With the mess going on here, I don't think PoseStudio is ever going to happen.And where is that introduction video that was promised?
IonMon, Jun 01
Karma: 5,836
The PoseStudio open-source project has hit the ground running.
I would love to hear some ideas/wish list items from future users.
Let me know what features/functionality you would like to see get built.


Forum Image

https://github.com/PoseStudio/PoseStudio
https://posestudio.org/


guy91600Mon, Jun 01
Karma: 21,202
For animation, I would like to suggest a few features that would greatly improve the workflow for both animators and pose creators.

The ability to instantly switch between smooth interpolation and stepped mode. This makes it easier to review key poses, work on animation blocking, and evaluate poses without being distracted by automatically generated in-between frames.
Better interpolation awareness to reduce body part intersections during animation. For example, arms or hands should not automatically pass through the character's torso during transitions between poses whenever a more natural interpolation path is possible.
Support for continuous rotations beyond 360 degrees. When animating a spinning character (such as a skater, dancer, or spinning object), rotations should preserve continuity between keyframes. A sequence like 340, 350, 360, 370, 380 should remain a continuous spin rather than being automatically converted to values such as -10, which can break the intended motion.

These features would help create cleaner animations while keeping the workflow simple and artist-friendly.
JohnnyLuck777
Karma: 5,385
Tue, Jun 02
When animating, I would like things that are pinned to actually stay pinned.
JohnnyLuck777Tue, Jun 02
Karma: 5,385
My list is very long, but I'll keep it to three here for now.

1. An amazing base character with separate male and female figures. Please don't repeat the mistakes Daz made with their Genesis 9 unisex mesh. 

2. Native soft body physics. It would be great if characters could respond to gravity and pressure without having to "fake it" with third-party tools. 

3. Faster load times when importing assets into the scene - especially characters. Again, please don't repeat the problems currently found in Daz Studio.
HellcatTue, Jun 02
Karma: 1,275
Soft body physics.
Separate male and female base figures with built-in anatomy (genitals, navels, nipples).
Multi-resolution morph support (HD morphs).


BobbTue, Jun 02
Karma: 1,843
I think that asking for a new base character is asking for a LOT.
Many other programs and systems have their own, and despite a lot of screaming for 'one figure to rule them all', it's never happened.  Everyone wants their figure to be 'the one'.
If you allow easy importing of the Daz figures you get a HUGE world of good figures with an endless variety of characters, props, accessories, architecture, clothes, wierd-sick-twisted-perverted-strange-bizarre and just plain screwed up stuff.  You know...the kind of stuff that a lot of people use but won't admit it 
It's going to be enough of a challenge just getting the program up and running.  It should hit the ground ready to import and start making scenes and rendering.  Animation can be included once you've got the basic stuff running smooth.
I've been involved in a lot of projects, and starting with BIG dreams is usually the aspect that kills the project.   Concentrating on the core parts will build confidence in the devs AND the potential customers.  A successful base will also likely attract more devs and supporters.
Katsuyaki
Karma: 3,164
Tue, Jun 02
Importing DAZ figures into this new program probably isn't an option. At the moment, you need plug-ins like Diffeomorphic or the various DAZ bridges to get the figures into other programs like Blender, and whoever created Diffeomorphic is not just going to hand over the code needed to make that work, and for damn sure, DAZ isn't going to release the code for their bridges. I can even see them getting litigious if that capability could somehow be implemented, probably claiming trademark or IP infringement. Without being able to directly support the DUF format, all you're going to import is the OBJ and the textures, with no rigging or morphing.
Wolf007
Karma: 319
Wed, Jun 03
Both, diffeomorphic and Daz bridges are Open Source.
Katsuyaki
Karma: 3,164
Wed, Jun 03
Wow -- really? I did not know that. I have to admit that's actually pretty amazing to me.
KatsuyakiTue, Jun 02
Karma: 3,164
I'd just like to offer some advice, if you don't mind. Don't make the same mistake DAZ's founders made and take on an investor group as "partners", or at some point afterwards, you may find yourself getting booted out of your own company. Keep control of your own creation. It may not be as big and flashy and popular as it could be otherwise, but at least it will still be yours. 
bu_esWed, Jun 03
Karma: 12,133
It's an interesting project
IonWed, Jun 03
Karma: 5,836
Thanks guys, this feedback is so important.
The project is off to a great start, the screens are looking good!

Just me working on it at the moment, hopefully soon we get a few more people on the project

BelmonttyWed, Jun 03
Karma: 9,608
Hi Ion,

I've been following the discussions about the new application you're developing with great interest. As someone who has been using 3D illustration and content creation software for many years, it's exciting to see new creative tools emerging in this space.

I've been working with Poser and DAZ Studio since the early 2000s, primarily as part of my workflow as an illustrator. Over the years, I've been fortunate enough to have some of my artwork recognized by both communities; one piece was selected for Poser's official gallery, and anothers was included among the sample artwork distributed with a DAZ Studio installation.

I mention this only to provide some context regarding my background with this type of software. That's one of the reasons I'm especially interested in following the development of this new tool and the conversations you're having with the community.

Personally, I would be delighted to try it when the time comes and explore its creative possibilities. It's always inspiring to see how a new platform can open different ways to tell stories and create imagery. I look forward to experimenting with it in the future and letting my imagination run free. if you find it helpful, collaborate by creating promotional illustrations to showcase what the application can do.

I wish you and the team great success with the project, and I appreciate the effort you're making to involve the community throughout the development process.
Ion
Karma: 5,836
Thu, Jun 04
We are excited too.
Join the discord to be part of the conversation: https://discord.com/invite/SaKvt9aYCM
stevenjoseph8844Mon, Jun 08
Karma: 3,286
Separate male and female figures for sure!
MacSommeWed, Jun 10
Karma: 6,378
Probably a main point anyway, but it needs to be said again:
Usage - at least an easy import - of the existing DAZ items would be my first necessary precondition for trying that or later moving there.
The same for Poser, but to a way lesser degree (for me).

For the next generation a volume model. Creating not just the surface but the inner structure from composed objects that have some distinct features like flexibility along their axis, volume persistence, compress and stretch factors. Add gravity (or acceleration) effects, then tendons, muscle and joins and you can simulate bodies quite realistical. 
Make all that scriptable with python.
Sorry, but you asked...




guy91600Mon, Jun 15
Karma: 21,202
From my experience using Windows software, I've noticed two annoying flaws:

* When the software is performing a background task, such as rendering or a simulation, it seems that this task takes priority over the user. In other words, if the user wants to stop the task, their request is processed very late, or sometimes only after the current task is completely finished.

* Another program loses the save path for working files during automatic saving. This means that when I save my work, the suggested path is the one from the automatic save.

If you could avoid these two flaws, that would be great
the joker of spadesMon, Jun 15
Karma: 35,808
I just want to congratulate you on the idea and wish you good luck. I'll definitely be happy to try it.
HerheyTue, Jun 16
Karma: 13,080
The ability to have smoothing controlled by a weight map would be great.
brothervirgilTue, Jun 16
Karma: 371
Brainstorming my Genie-of-All-Genies wishlist, disregarding any concerns about what's "practical":

* Full-body soft body jiggle physics, with a user-friendly way to apply clothing that squishes and moves with the body.
* Some way to handle and manage extreme, "hyper" figure exaggerations in both male and female figures. Meaning, the joints bend without a bunch of weird clipping and geometry explosions, and the extra body mass has some "give" to it, allowing these bends to happen convincingly.
* The ability to import and build upon Daz figures all the way back to Generation 3 Victoria and Michael, as well as any number of the Blender-friendly figures that are out there.
* Robust custom clothing creation and rigging, including and especially for aforesaid extreme and hyper figures. The ability to fit clothing and accessories to these figures without any weird lumpifiying or geometry explosions.
* Rigging tools that allow for broad interchangeability between Blender and Daz Studio.

guy91600Tue, Jul 07
Karma: 21,202
Some of us were hoping the mannequins would have the following features:
Separate male and female base figures with built-in anatomy (genitals, navels, nipples)

Today's decision to disable and no longer accept adult content leads me to believe we'll have gender-neutral characters
https://www.renderhub.com/forum/14774/big-changes-at-renderhub-a-platform-evolution
Masterstroke
Karma: 6,112
Wed, Jul 08
Agree, reproductive anatomy is keyy to success.
BobbFri, Jul 17
Karma: 1,843
With the mess going on here, I don't think PoseStudio is ever going to happen.
And where is that introduction video that was promised?
Masterstroke
Karma: 6,112
Sat, Jul 18
This could be a self fullfilling prophecy.
Let‘s keep on on this. I‘d like it to happen.
LZYSat, Jul 18
Karma: 5,414
I think it might be helpful to consider what the baseline feature set will be and then build on that.  Is the project looking to replicate daz studio / poser and then improve on them?   What features from daz studio/poser are redundant, what are must haves, what are ok in those apps but need significant improvement etc.    

If the project can't at least match daz studio (minus redunant features) and then improve (soft body, improved animation tools, fluid and cloth simulation etc) then I'm not sure I see the point.    

I also think the project is going to have to support the daz format somehow.  If not then it's simultaneously  trying to build a new app from scratch and a content pipeline for a community that is already fragmented and niche.   As a content creator I don't make content for Poser and I already struggle with time to make content for more than a single generation of genesis figures.

I think its really important that we have alternatives to daz studio in its drive to become SaaS but I think its unhelpful to create a new ecosystem of content and fragment the community further. 

Thanks
prixatSat, Jul 18
Karma: 265
I just heard that Omniverse is now free for all. Does that mean that 'RTX Interactive' the path tracing renderer is now free to be integrated?
Since it still uses MDL and Omnishader would that be a seamless(?) transition for existing DAZ Iray materials?
Luxe MuseSat, Jul 18
Karma: 9,205
My simple thoughts:

1. Animation tools that function correctly, with strong and correct IK/FK implementation, would be wonderful. 
2. A simple physics simulator for placing items on surfaces would save people a lot of time. Just imagine dropping your table and chairs onto the ground or a surface, running the animation, and letting them settle quickly. (I'm not referring to dForce.) 
3. Obviously, it would be great if it could support fabric and hair simulations like dForce as a separate process, completely unrelated to the previous suggestion.
midgard229Sat, Aug 01
Karma: 12,200
intuitive in studio sculpt control as well as good physics simulation for hair and cloth. I've always loved how Marvelous designer controls simulations; that'd be so amazing to see. 
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account