×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/WIP PROJECTS AND CRITIQUES

Why Not More Family Friendly Poses

eye943
Thread Activity
EverwildSat, Jul 25
Oooh, this is a good one.
Luxe MuseSat, Jul 25
Agree 100% @Tenser, I already had it planned as the base for a promo. It's pure energy and happiness. That one and the boy asleep on the horse by Ever
TenserknotSat, Jul 25
I really like the balance and sense of motion of the three girls holding hand, running and getting pushed and pulled. pose woirk when the center of gr
TenserknotSat, Jul 25
The kid asleep on the horse is priceless, and the kids offering the flowers, that heartfelt.
Luxe MuseFri, Jul 24
Hi, hi, hiI hadn't thought of it that way. Good idea :DI based this one on small memories. My little one loved flying, but she grew out of it. Not so
guy91600Fri, Jul 24
a swimming lesson without the risk of drowning :-)
Luxe MuseFri, Jul 24
Someone wanted seconds :D
guy91600Fri, Jul 24
In that case, change "two hours" to "three hours"!
Luxe MuseThu, Jul 23
Not sure about mom's finger pointing. I'm thinking just a # 2 gesture, as in, two hours up.
Luxe MuseThu, Jul 23
Responsible parenting :D
Luxe MuseThu, Jun 18
Karma: 9,205
Who knows if I'll finish it, but thanks for the inspiration, Pushee-Ri
Starting toy around with a Pose Pack Idea.

Forum Image

Luxe MuseThu, Jun 18
Karma: 9,205
I wonder if it should come with expressions. I'm not a fan of poses that include expressions, really.

Forum Image
Luxe MuseThu, Jun 18
Karma: 9,205
Test Render

Forum Image
Pushee-RiThu, Jun 18
Karma: 52,500
Hah... I was planning to start a thread on this topic. Thanks for already doing that
I hope you don't mind if I jump into this thread (i.e., post updates about my project). If you do, just send me a quick PM, okay?

For anyone who's interested: this is about an idea to create poses for children and teens (and families) that don't look staged or like they came straight out of the Victoria's Secret catalog. Here's the thread (the relevant posts will start appearing from Thursday, the 18th).
https://www.renderhub.com/forum/14685/what-hapened-to-savagestudio

@Luxe

That sure looks very promising
Since I'm focusing on children and adolescents (ages 4 - 10), my project will probably be a little wilder and louder... probably even a whole lot wilder and louder

On the topic of sticking with it: maybe we can motivate each other... or let others who are interested motivate us. We'll see...
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jun 18
Absolutely, Pushe-Ri. You know you're very welcome!

I'll focus on family, mostly group poses, and then I'd also like to add a few standalone poses with boys and girls. (I bought a boy character a while ago, so I'll try using it, but I don't have one of my own.)

I'd also like some dad poses, but all focused on everyday, non-artistic, bland interactions, just casual.

My plan is for about 40 unique poses. Hopefully less than a month's worth of work (I don't have a lot of time lately with the kids on vacation).
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Thu, Jun 18
Thanks a lot

Then let's get to work
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Fri, Jun 19
Since you create poses for children and teenagers who are morphed Genesis characters, please remember to include the names of the morphed characters and links in the description so that buyers don't spend hours modifying your poses and it's a simple click-and-render process
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Fri, Jun 19
@guy

All (!) of my poses are based on the GF8 base. That's why I don't have much to do besides writing 'GF8'
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 19
Good call, @Guy. In my experience, however, poses are more suggestive than a one-click solution. You're right, the right morph, in my case Amelia Tween, GF, and GM, tells the customer exactly how to reproduce it. But customers are used to buying poses meant for G9 or G8 and applying them to their custom or self-mixed characters, which would never match G8 or G9. That's why I say poses are more suggestive, at least from my own experience as a customer.
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Fri, Jun 19
@Guy and @Luxe

As a general rule, (commercial) poses must always be created for the base character (Genesis 8, Genesis 9, etc.). Otherwise, you might as well forget about publishing pose packs on platforms that test the products. They always use the specified base character for testing.

Believe me: I know what I'm talking about, since I used to post on Rendo, among other places, and currently post on cgbytes (testing is done on both of these platforms)

However - and Luxe and Guy are both right about this -there are always surprises with poses when they're applied to disproportionately scaled characters. But users are usually aware of this.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 19
@Pushee-Ri. I didn't know (truly first time, for other than a few expressions, making a full pose pack).

How then, for child characters, where height maters, do one achieve the desired outcome?
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 19
Sorry, forgot my manners with the coffee at home

@Pushee-Ri. I didn't know, THANK YOU! - then the question Hi, hi, hi
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Fri, Jun 19
@Luxe

I always assume that my projects will be tested (which is often - but not always - the case). There are three possibilities for the non-proportional dilemma:

a) If exclusive products are submitted for established models (Veronika, Michael, blah blah), these characters are used for testing.

b) For non-established models, it’s best to keep the poses simple. That is, no crossed arms or legs, no overly contorted poses, etc.

c) Do your own thing with the base models. Testers and users will know that these poses are more like suggestions rather than one-click solutions.
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Fri, Jun 19
Sorry, I just forgot to mention: at 38.4 degrees Celsius, my coffee evaporates right in the cup... so there's no way I'd ever forget it (or anything else) at home
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 19
Hi, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi!!!!!!!!
Luxe MuseFri, Jun 19
Karma: 9,205
Framed by Love (the name I'm giving this one)

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 19
The cheongsam runs a little thick, but his hand rests around her waist.
brothervirgilFri, Jun 19
Karma: 371
To this I would add "everyday", "conversational", and "non-sexual interaction" poses as well. Also, please include flat-footed versions of women's poses when you can! Assuming I plan to give her high heels, I'm going to choose a pair that may or may not fit the angle of the high heel poses, and I'm going to adjust the feet to fit my scene anyway.

Additionally, I would also remind pose vendors that I use ready-made poses as a starting point anyway, not least because I tend to use fairly exaggerated figures, that often need adjustments for poses to look right. So try to think in terms of poses that be easily adjusted to multiple uses, not just a single super-specific one. Please and thank you!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 19
Hi Brothervigil, thank you for your input. Good call!

I also tend to prefer flat foot poses. Most shoe vendors already have scripts that automatically apply the proper metatarsal, foot, and toe positions.

I try to get the pose first and then apply the shoes, and it almost always works with just a minor adjustment on my end.
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Fri, Jun 19
I agree with both of you 100% when it comes to flat-foot poses!

You often see renderings that range from good to great, but unfortunately they quickly lose their appeal when the model is barefoot yet her feet are still posed as if it were wearing high heels. It just looks stupid.
Pushee-RiFri, Jun 19
Karma: 52,500
Instead of a WIP image (I'll leave those to Luxe - after all, it's her thread), here's a collage of some reference photos I'm using for my 'Child Poses' project. As you can see, it's going to get a little wilder and louder (if I stick with it)   

If you have any requests for specific child poses, feel free to post them here. And if they're wild and loud, I'll be happy to include them maybe in the project


Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 19
Love them all, Pushee-Ri! Great references!!

I'll cheat though. I'll just ask, "what next" and I get 100 suggestions with life action posing, hi, hi, hi
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 19
Posing is pretty boring though a necessary evil, I guess
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Fri, Jun 19
Hey, are you an early riser, too???? It's only 4:08 in the morning... and I've been working for about 1 1/2 hours (and 2 cups of coffee)
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 19
Late sleeper , trying to get something done. It's 12:11 PM over here
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Fri, Jun 19
'Posing is pretty boring though .... '

I think it depends on the poses you want to create. I'm always happy when a pose turns out exactly the way I imagined it. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work out... but that's what the virtual trash can is for in virtual life

All right, enough talk—I'm going to try creating a roll (gymnastics, a 'Purzelbaum' in German
Tenserknot
Karma: 10,747
Sat, Jul 25
I really like the balance and sense of motion of the three girls holding hand, running and getting pushed and pulled.

pose woirk when the center of gravity is top of mind, and joint limits stay ACTIVE ON. too many amateurs over extend one joint when any movement usually needs 3 or 4 joints adjusted.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sat, Jul 25
Agree 100% @Tenser, I already had it planned as the base for a promo. It's pure energy and happiness. That one and the boy asleep on the horse by Everwild.
Pushee-RiSat, Jun 20
Karma: 52,500
@Luxe and anyone else who's interested

I'm currently working on the second round of my posing set (fine-tuning (step 1 of 2) and weeding out). Now I'm wondering about appropriate UI icons. It's still a bit early... but better to think about it now than to get frustrated with the icons later

Actually, for my pose sets, I create icons featuring unclothed models in White Mode (Clay). But that doesn't fit with the theme (and purpose) of the project.

If I use models wearing clothes for the icons, though, you won't be able to see much of the pose. But I'm going to give it a try anyway... as soon as I find some 3D clothes somewhere other than my Slipables

A GeoShell (which I'd have to create separately, though) would also be an option. I'd then try to make something like long pants and a T-shirt. Leotards would work too... but I just can't stand those things

What do you think: what's the best way for me to proceed? 
kwerkx
Karma: 8,788
Sat, Jun 20
G8 Starter Set or G9 Starter set have basics in them and I think everyone who uses Daz gets access to those.
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sat, Jun 20
FACEPALM, or 'Just How Stupid Am I, Anyway'????

I use these things so rarely that I'd forgotten they even existed Now COS Mae (the only child character I have) is already looking forward to posing with these scratchy things

Thank you
EverwildSat, Jun 20
Karma: 11,017
The middle group I did using G8 models when I first started teaching myself Daz. Most of the rest of my board is poneh- or fantasy-centric. However, some of the sitting images might be useful to either or both of you. Since Pushee-Ri encouraged outside involvement, too, maybe some of my first page of ideas will inspire:Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
Thank you @Everwild. I love them all but especially the horse ones, I have DAZ horse 3. Will use it to add more variety.
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sun, Jun 21
@Everwild

The sleeping children on the pony are really a hit! I've already got a pose like the kids with the circle... though it's Pushee-Ri style

There's a problem with seated poses: take a look at the following image by Rozsakert67:
https://www.deviantart.com/lebenguth/art/Needs-washing-1335000672
The image was deleted on Renderhub as part of the 'minors in inappropriate context' cleanup. To me, the only explanation for the deletion is the clothing, the bare foot... and the pose. So I probably won't be doing any seated poses...



Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
Double dipping: Everwild, you should make a pose pack too. I just give your poses (middle) another look, and wow, they are simply perfect!
Everwild
Karma: 11,017
Mon, Jun 22
@Luxe -- That is kind and I would, however, I'm still sometimes dependent on a second model with someone else's pose as a reference for corrections. Except possibly when it comes to horses and riding because I probably have more experience with them than most creators. Reading Bikdingle's post below, though, I think I understand better why I still get mixed results with peeps. I just snagged the download to see if I can find ways to improve my posing!
Tenserknot
Karma: 10,747
Sat, Jul 25
The kid asleep on the horse is priceless, and the kids offering the flowers, that heartfelt.
Pushee-RiSun, Jun 21
Karma: 52,500
I had forgotten just how !##@##!!!!*###! (terrible) DAZ is when it comes to more unusual poses. With these poses, DAZ makes an even bigger #!@!!#!! (mess) of things with the pivot point (which is already a total nightmare to use in the app). With the exception of the base model for which the pose was designed, other models either fall through the floor or float above it.

That's why you'll find mostly really @##!!!!*# (simple) poses for DAZ - the kind where DAZ can't go wrong. Even the sitting and lying poses are, in most cases, based on DAZ poses and have only been slightly adjusted. WHAT A PIECE OF @##!!!!*#!!!!

In other words, with DAZ, you're either forced to come up with INCREDIBLY BORING poses... or write entire sermons full of information, tutorials, and warnings.

I always pick the latter - so get ready for a ton of reading material   
bikdingle
Karma: 58,192
Sun, Jun 21
It sounds like you're clicking on the character and using the X-Y-Z controls to move the character in space
You should work from the hip for moving the character up and down
AND include a disclaimer that the pose was made using the base character and some adjustment will be necessary

For small characters I would save the poses without scale so that it doesn't mess with the figure's final scale. A scaled pose will rescale the character to that percentage of their current size....so and 80% scale character that has a pose applied that has 80% scale on it will end up at 64% scale.

If you haven't seen my free tutorial on saving poses I have a few useful things to say in it
I recently added how to make mirror poses
You may find some of what I have in the tutorial useful (or you may know more than I do already )

https://www.renderhub.com/bikdingle/saving-poses-in-daz-studio-short-tutorial
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
Good question. My child/teen characters all use scaling. But when I save a pose, it automatically saves without scaling. So, I'm wondering if is something I configured years ago and I don't remember or, if is DAZ automatically not selecting scale when general is selected per bone?
bikdingle
Karma: 58,192
Sun, Jun 21
Interesting....

I need to tell Daz to not save scale information when I save a pose
You probably found something I have not

Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
Hmm, that's odd.

Okay, so I see the scale selected when I save the pose preset. But when I open the file in Notepad uncompressed, all the scales are set to 1. And if I apply it to a Genesis 9 figure, it doesn't change the scale, even though my character is scaled:

"animations" : [
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?translation/x/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, 0 ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?translation/y/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, 0 ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?translation/z/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, 0 ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?rotation/x/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, 0 ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?rotation/y/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, 0 ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?rotation/z/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, 0 ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?scale/general/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, 1 ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?scale/x/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, 1 ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?scale/y/value",
"keys" : [ [ 0, 1 ] ]
},
{
"url" : "name://@selection/l_bigtoe2:?scale/z/value",e",
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
* The original was scaled (and I only unselected expressions and things I didn't use).

The pose when applied isn't. I also looked in the configuration, and there isn't anything I can select that would achieve this behavior I'm experiencing. (I'm not complaining, though. Not having to unclick scale for all bones is great.)

Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
It could be something different; I'm just giving it a second thought.

I don't apply scale to my characters through the transform directly (they are modeled at full Genesis 9 size), but through the out-of-the-box proportion utilities. Maybe that is seen as non-pose influence (not applied) when saving a pose?
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sun, Jun 21
@bikdingle
Thank you so, so much for your information and tips

I’ll try out your tip about saving a pose without scaling right away.

Unfortunately, though, there are always issues with DAZ when the hip is moved along the y-axis differently than DAZ intended. It works reasonably well for standing poses or sitting/lying poses (as long as you use one of those DAZ poses as a base). But as soon as you work in intermediate positions (hip) and adjust the pelvis, it often gets very... strange.
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sun, Jun 21
@bikdingle
Oops - I just forgot to mention this in relation to the disclaimer: I'm still a long way from being ready... but I already know exactly what the promo image for 'Known Issues / Solutions' will look like
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sun, Jun 21
@bikdingle
I just tried saving a G9 pose without scaling: COS Mae (my child model) keeps going right through the floor. She's just a real little troublemaker
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
Hi, hi, hi!

Another thing I notice is that for seating positions, when you only move the hip and then go to dForce from the default pose, it will set the character in its A pose where the hip is located, which means going through the floor.
Pushee-RiSun, Jun 21
Karma: 52,500
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
Oh my gosh, Pushee-Ri. They all look amazing!!
Tenserknot
Karma: 10,747
Sun, Jun 21
well done, very good young person action poses. they look accurate and active
bu_esSun, Jun 21
Karma: 12,133
This topic of poses for all audiences is fine, although I think-and here's my inner demon-that there will always be people who object to poses for children and teenagers because of the risk of misuse. Incredible as it may seem.
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sun, Jun 21
To be honest, I'm one of those people... but for different reasons

Most of the poses for kids I’ve seen so far have been suboptimal at best… and often completely off the mark. When I’m offered a pose package titled 'Fashion Kids,' but some of the poses are just plain silly/cheap and others belong in the leather and lingerie section of a super-cheap mail-order catalog, then I, too, say: not like this!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
It was always normal, especially for girls, to want to wear their mother's heels or use their makeup. I still think it's just funny-cute, but now that gets a different label, and it's just sad

It feels like all it takes is a kid in a render that people find cute for people to suddenly default to "it's sexualizing."

On another note, the state of adult male poses isn't any better. Everyday poses like walking, running, opening a door, leaning, and so on. I get that they don't sell, same for kids. But once I'm done with this pack, I'll work on adult males too. Hopefully it helps a little.
KACreativeDesignsSun, Jun 21
Karma: 3,546
I am really excited about this thread and the direction both of you all (Luxe Muse and Pushee-Ri) are going.  I have always struggled to find appropriate kids poses.  Not only that they don't look to seductive and that they actually work on the character.  Thank you for addressing this issue with a thread like you all have done.  I agree that kids need wild and loud poses too!  I really like the ones Luxe Muse has created too <3  I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sun, Jun 21
Thank you so much for your encouragement
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
Thank you very much. Although I must admit, I'm nervous about not meeting expectations now, ji, ji, ji

Fair warning, though, I'm slow like a sloth. But you'll probably enjoy Pushee-Ri's sets way faster, and he is a pro, so there's that.
wikoy81
Karma: 2,574
Sun, Jun 21
@Luxe don't underestimate yourself when we make an image like this https://www.renderhub.com/gallery/65935/besties-duo-foreever we can't say that you don't master poses
By the way, you can add it to the pack if you've kept the scene!
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
You are too kind. I probably spend more time on that promo than on one of the character's entire skin, hi, hi, hi.

That is a great idea. I have several poses I made for promos just in the files. I can definitely polish them a little more and include them too!
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sun, Jun 21
Oh dear - when Pushee (that old bag) blushes like a schoolboy, it means Luxe has written something a little too (!!!) flattering

'.... and he is a pro ....'

Nope - I'm not (laughs)
Let's put it this way: I've been through the very (!) tough school of obscure ideas and concepts about what I'd like to see in DAZ... even if these ideas have nothing to do with mainstream use of DAZ... and sometimes aren't even fully compatible with DAZ. That shapes you

Luxe MuseSun, Jun 21
Karma: 9,205
My Role Model

Forum Image


Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
But, I think "Tender Guidance" reads better.

Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Sun, Jun 21
I'll need to specify, like Pushee-Ri and Guy mentioned, that for the child I'm using Tween Amelia. Other characters will need slight adjustments, hopefully not too many, as long as the size differences aren't huge.
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sun, Jun 21
Wow - that looks great!

Honestly - I tried coming up with poses for couples once, too. But after 1 1/2 poses, I decided I’d rather just make a slipable T-shirt
KACreativeDesigns
Karma: 3,546
Mon, Jun 22
@Luxe Muse this is a lovely pose. It's both gentle and realistic @Pushee-Ri the slipable t-shirt comment gave me a good chuckle. I have no patience with couple poses, so I get it
Luxe MuseWed, Jun 24
Karma: 9,205
Slowly, but is progress

Forum ImageForum ImageForum Image
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Wed, Jun 24
Ha, it looks like there'll be some cool poses coming up soon - and finally, finally, finally, ones that are truly suitable for kids and teens

As usual, I'm once again falling behind on the promotional images for my project... but that's also because I'm working on several projects at the same time again ....

Anyway, keep up the great work
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jun 25
Thank you Pushee-Ri! I'm only on # 5 of my planned 40 unique poses Only 35 more to go, hi, hi, hi
guy91600Thu, Jun 25
Karma: 21,202
I'm going to ask another question-this time, it's aimed more at buyers.
Which do you prefer: a pack of 40 poses, or several smaller packs of 2 or 3 poses?
dbreizurFri, Jun 26
Karma: 2,091
40 unique poses, each consisting of 2 or more figures is wow. Based on a lot of other packs out there, having 10-20 is more acceptable. If you build themed sets like: 2 parents + 1 child, parent + child, siblings, parent + 2 children. That creates sets that fit into what a buyer like me would like. Siblings is already done a lot (besties, friends, sisters, brothers, etc.), but the parents plus children is a gap in the market. Of course, not a lot of VNs and online comics feature families, so maybe the demand is lower? ‍♂

I clicked into here because it's a great idea, and some pose packs will inspire for different stories. Thanks @luxe and @Pushee for pushing the boundaries!
dbreizur
Karma: 2,091
Fri, Jun 26
Apparently when you use the Windows command to insert a shrug emoji, the wonderful Renderhub editor converts it into the "male" symbol. :LOL:
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jun 26
I love everything you said. It makes total sense. I was already spending time on sibling poses. So, I'm going to take your advice and stick to the theme: parents (one or two) and one or two daughters or children.

Pushee-Ri is already doing amazing single poses. I'll make another pack for siblings afterwards.

For emojis, it works with the standard keyboard ones (; D) hi, hi, hi
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Fri, Jun 26
@dbreizur

Thanks a lot.... but: Na Na NaNa Naaaa... right now I'm working at a snail's pace

But that has nothing to do with a lack of inspiration... it's simply that I'm currently swamped with PHYSICAL work, like hauling 8 cubic meters of firewood through the garden in 36 Celsius heat....

And I HATE physical labor
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Sat, Jun 27
"36C heat"—lucky you, I've got 42C in my garden
31C inside the house (I hate fans—noise + drafts)
Conclusion: I'm dozing off in front of my keyboard
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sun, Jun 28
@Guy

If Shakespeare had lived in our time of climate change, he would have spared us at least one of his sonnets:
'Shall i compare thee to a summer's day ..... '

Pushee-RiThu, Jul 02
Karma: 52,500
WildChild

Forum Image

soon ....
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jul 02
Love it Pushee-Ri!!!
Luxe MuseThu, Jul 02
Karma: 9,205
I'm still ways to go

Forum Image

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jul 02
I know they'll look better with expressions, but I'm not sure I should make/include those.
Luxe MuseSat, Jul 04
Karma: 9,205
Okay, I'm convinced. I can't make the package without expressions. It wouldn't be fair, and once I make the artwork it'll look awkward.

Compare the one I shared above for the "Wake up, wake up, it's Christmas." poses with and without expressions.

Forum Image  
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Sat, Jul 04
Hey Luxe, if you keep this up, you'll be done before I finish my project

I'm currently stuck on the project that will be released before my child poses, and I'm writing like crazy - documentation, info, tutorials, etc. ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Anyway, I really like your approach, and I can already imagine lots of great renderings from your users.
Pushee-RiWed, Jul 08
Karma: 52,500
Actually, all that's left to do with my poses project is to package it and test it.... and I was actually planning to release it as a freebie to celebrate my 200th project ...

... but guys - I've been so pissed off since yesterday, you wouldn't believe it. It's about the 'Big Changes at RenderHub: A Platform Evolution' stuff. So right now, I really don't feel like celebrating at all. I hope you understand.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jul 09
I'm with you, Pushee-Ri. I've said it, I don't know how many times. I don't enjoy adult content, but I would hate for people who do to be censored, let alone this debacle with not even fair notice. But I don't even want notice. I want them to be able to do the things they like. I've gotten criticism for many things, even posts removed by little internet crusaders, and I always point out the same thing, even when it wasn't my fight.
Luxe MuseThu, Jul 09
Karma: 9,205
Just finished this one.

Forum Image
Luxe MuseThu, Jul 09
Karma: 9,205
Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jul 09
Now, all I need is a ruler
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jul 09
And yes, she is cheating, of course she is.
DoroThee237
Karma: 19,491
Thu, Jul 09
Here’s a free one for everyone!
https://www.renderhub.com/dorothee237/measuring-rod
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jul 09
Thank you DoroThee!! My little prop isn't suitable for measurement, is just a prop. I'll use yours for sure, thank you very much.
DoroThee237
Karma: 19,491
Thu, Jul 09
It's an old, free prop that's been online for a long time!
I even had to dig around in my store for quite a while to find the link and the exact name
Luxe MuseThu, Jul 09
Karma: 9,205
Okay, no this makes more sense. I'll include the prop I made for this (it won't be an accurate prop in terms of measurement).

Forum Image
DoroThee237
Karma: 19,491
Thu, Jul 09
Your ruler aligns with the main character's pose.
Pushee-RiMon, Jul 13
Karma: 52,500
A promotional image from my project ... and a (partial) Bye Bye
https://www.renderhub.com/gallery/98599/fly-like-an-eagle

Luxe MuseMon, Jul 20
Karma: 9,205
My new nemesis, is Genesis hands

Forum Image
Luxe MuseMon, Jul 20
Karma: 9,205
Forum Image
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Mon, Jul 20
This is GREAT!!!!!
Kudos and Respect
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Mon, Jul 20
Thank you, thank you, thank you, hi, hi, hi
Luxe MuseTue, Jul 21
Karma: 9,205
Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Tue, Jul 21
Daddy's snoring on the couch again, hi, hi, hi
Pushee-Ri
Karma: 52,500
Tue, Jul 21
Sorry for posting here again (so please don't think I'm a stalker

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!
You can already see exactly what kind of wonderful scenes people who buy this product will create.

And even though I'm more of a wild type (and so probably won't use it), you've already found the first buyer for this wonderful product

Just a request: please don't post such amazing screenshots here—my fingers already hurt from having to show you my deepest respect all the time
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Tue, Jul 21
Hi, hi, hi

Likewise Pushee!! It's always a pleasure having you around.

I'm working on two more poses and I think I'll stop for the fun part, the Metadata (yuck). And then move to the real fun part, the renders
Everwild
Karma: 11,017
Sat, Jul 25
Oooh, this is a good one.
Luxe MuseWed, Jul 22
Karma: 9,205
The next pose set needed a tablet. So there I went making one. Once it was finished, I wondered if it could be a real prop. And there I went rigging the buttons, the stand, and all of it.

Forum Image

Forum Image

It's not perfect, but it's nice at least to me. This will be included in the pose pack, and I'll also upload this as a separate product. Maybe a couple of bucks will help me buy a new set of hairs I have in my cart, hi, hi, hi!

Luxe MuseWed, Jul 22
Karma: 9,205
The reason for the tablet ( the pose set is incomplete, Tween Amelia hasn't entered the scene ), but... the next one needs a phone too   ...ok, maybe I'll just do a much simpler prop for that one.

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Jul 22
And now, the pose is complete

image
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Wed, Jul 22
For the smartphone, don't reinvent the wheel; there are several free 3D models available.
3D models - smartphone
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Wed, Jul 22
Hi, Guy. Thank you for the tip. It is a great idea. But since this is a paid product, I'll avoid getting into trouble, and if I'm 100% brutally honest, maybe it's been an excuse all along for me to do what I really like, injecting a blend of frustration and excitement with Blender, hi, hi, hi.

Luxe MuseWed, Jul 22
Karma: 9,205
What might be, hopefully, a phone at some point:


Forum Image
Luxe MuseWed, Jul 22
Karma: 9,205
I'll texture and wrap it up tomorrow for the final pose.

Forum Image
Luxe MuseThu, Jul 23
Karma: 9,205
Phone completed, now to the pose
Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jul 23
It's not perfect, is a nice add-on to the pose pack.
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Thu, Jul 23
@luxe Muse
The fox: "Nothing is perfect."
In Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's *The Little Prince*,
when the fox learns that there are neither hunters nor chickens on the boy's planet.
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jul 23
Hi, hi, hi!
Luxe MuseThu, Jul 23
Karma: 9,205
Responsible parenting

Forum Image
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Thu, Jul 23
Not sure about mom's finger pointing. I'm thinking just a # 2 gesture, as in, two hours up.
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Fri, Jul 24
In that case, change "two hours" to "three hours"!
Luxe MuseFri, Jul 24
Karma: 9,205
Someone wanted seconds

Forum Image
guy91600
Karma: 21,202
Fri, Jul 24
a swimming lesson without the risk of drowning
Luxe Muse
Karma: 9,205
Fri, Jul 24
Hi, hi, hi

I hadn't thought of it that way. Good idea

I based this one on small memories. My little one loved flying, but she grew out of it. Not so fond of pranks anymore. Go figure.
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account