×
Zoom
 
close x
Horrific Render Contest 5 – $3,800 In Prizes – Ends October 31st»  click for contest rules and prizes  «
HOME/FORUMS/THE ART OF LIGHT RENDER CONTEST

Deva Station (CLOSED)

eye220
DarkDynamicThu, May 09, 2024
Karma: 744
Well alright then, let's take a run at this, rendered in Daz, particles, god-ray and layering done in Photoshop
Forum ImageForum Image

jamie6Thu, May 09, 2024
Admin: 14,430
Forum Image
Thumbnail for contest gallery
drjivagoWed, May 15, 2024
Karma: 12,987
Good industrial type scene. Nice work.
DarkDynamic
Karma: 744
Thu, May 16, 2024
Thank you, I wasnt happy with the original render so I spent a long time in post on this one.
drjivago
Karma: 12,987
Thu, May 16, 2024
I'm glad you achieved your desired result in the end. Wish you a joyful weekend and best wishes with your entry.
VESPERSat, May 18, 2024
Karma: 1,417
Your composition is incredibly dynamic and draws the viewer's eye throughout the entire artwork. It feels very balanced and well-thought-out. What was your process for planning this composition? I'd be thankful for your feedback on my submission if you have some time to spare.
Vesper
https://www.renderhub.com/forum/7234/shinobi-x-9791
DarkDynamic
Karma: 744
Sun, May 19, 2024
Thank you, when I planned it out I wanted to make the environment just as much a character as the giant mech, I wanted that to set the tone of the piece so I started with the main focus on just creating a hostile environment first and thinking what kind of volumetrics would be involved in a environment like that, that guided the colour palette in the shot and the mech then acted as a counter to the warmer palette by using cold metallics. The camera was deliberately placed behind a piece of wreckage in the shot to help create a feeling of scale and immersion.
VESPER
Karma: 1,417
Sun, May 19, 2024
Thank you for sharing your detailed process. Treating the environment as a character is an innovative approach that adds depth to your piece. Starting with a hostile environment and considering volumetrics effectively sets the tone. The warm color palette of the environment contrasts beautifully with the mech's cold metallics, creating visual tension.

Placing the camera behind wreckage adds a sense of scale and immersion, making the scene feel dynamic and alive. Your attention to detail, from color choices to camera placement, results in a cohesive and powerful visual narrative. Well done!

Best of Fortune DD
Close WindowRenderHub Login

Show Password

Reset password
Create Account